Atmega 32 development board

Development_board.jpg (144186Bytes)
I want to start learning avr… so bought this development board from a local store. i cant get it to work in avrdude. help?
By the way i’m using usb to serial cable to connect to this board.
Does the bootloader has to be burnt for this to work?
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hmm

I didn’t get any manual with the board. The chip didn’t come with the board either, i bought it seperately. and i’m pretty sure the microcontroller doesn’t have bootloader. Doesn’t this board have ISP programmer? how to identify it? thanks for quick reply :slight_smile:

You have a ISP header next

You have a ISP header next to the power jack. It holds the pins needed for programming the chip.
If you have another Arduino you can use that as an ISP programmer and add a booltloader to the chip if you want. After that you can use the regular serial interface to program it via Arduino IDE.
The board also has a footprint for a LCD it seems. Something like this would probably work just fine
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HD44780-1602-LCD-Module-Display-Anzeigen-2X16-Zeichen-/130642003250?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6adec532

thanks

Thanks for the help. I bought a new usbasp ISP programmer and tested a blinking led program. thanks again :slight_smile: