Ardumower Arctic Hare

So, Recently, I was asked to design a concept for an already existing project (Ardumower).
The goal of this project is to be able to print it in a 20x20x20 3D printer. of course, this would also cause design difficulties, but also many parts that would need fit be fitted together.

This project will be design after existing Hardware that one can buy from marotronics.

Design concept:

Since the build is already in process let me share some picture of the current status:

All parts have been printed in a smaller build size then 20x20x20.

Ardumower PCB Test:

The mower can be built either as a single mower or a double version. Your budget can decide. For questions about Hardware or code I refer to (Ardumower).
This is a great project if you want to build your on robot lawnmower.

If you like what I do, give me a shout at Twitter @
r_frojd

/RF

Certainly a very attractive project. Do you have an idea of the cost of all of the parts?

The parts, something like this
PCB 1.3 = with (Gyro, GPS, BL, DUE, INA, Motor driver, regnsensor, charger, Clock) = 226 euro
Motors 24V = 189 Euro
Battery = 140Euro
Mower motor = 70 Euro

so around 635Euro + always some extra small stuff :wink:

Small update:
First rim for the robot is 3D printed. It came out great. The rim will be enclosed by a track with spikes 3D Printed with Flex-filament to reduce ground noise and also makes it easier to change tire pattern. Will also print a Centrum Cap with push- and screw fitting.

This is the design sketch:

/RF

Test assembly of front wheel bracket, mower motors and mower discs. Starting to look good!

Holiday is over and the printer is back on duty. Piece by piece the body is coming together

White, black and line green - really love the color scheme!

Thanks CBenson!

Small update:
wheel arches fresh from the printer! All parts is completely untouched and no after finishing.

Starting to look good!

[font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4][highlight=#ffffff]Another part just finished! [/highlight][/size][/font][font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4][highlight=#ffffff]next part is already printing and will be finished tomorrow. [/highlight][/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4][highlight=#ffffff]
[/highlight][/size][/font]

It’s quite an attractive design. Plan to do a test run before adding additional panels? Great to see a video in use.

Thanks! First test run will be when its fully assembled. Also need to print the rubber tire for the wheels.

Another part just finished! next part is already printing and will be finished tomorrow.

Front nose 1/2 just finished! Right side is almost completed.

Body assembly

Body on chassis

charging pin

Wow! That’s a tremendous job! And what a beautiful result too!
The caster at the front seems somewhat tiny compared to the wheels. Do you know it gets stuck at all or maybe that’s not a problem?

Thanks @Arthurio.
Front caster will not be a problem. The drive motors are very strong and the COG is located just in front of the rear wheels, which makes it possible to even climb steep slopes :slight_smile:

Not many parts left

First test drive. (Not my mower)

Really, really nice to se it in operation! Noticing it’s black - new 3D printed parts or painted?
What do you mean “not my mower”?

The black is 3D printed plastic. No finishing on it. It’s a Ardumower user that printed my design :wink:

A very professional design. We have two main types of grass to consider for. Texas grass, the thick and deep vine St. Augustine and the straight blade thinner and shorter Bermuda style grass. This link will show the grass but also the landscape patterns.https://tlclandscapesllc.com/top-3-types-of-grass-for-texas/

The thick grass blade St. Augustine has a bumpy ride as a lawnmower may find deep nested pockets of grass where the root has barried. As well, the sidewalk usually has a gap and rise of about three inches.

For these types of lawns I would have designed the chassis with 6 wheels and flexible allies to conform better to the terrain. I would build this unit for the center of the lawn and a second with an all terrain chassis design.
Very nice looking with practical manufacturing considerations to upgrade as needed.