ArduinoControllerV2

ArduinoControllerV2PrtSc.PNG

ArduinoController.zip (3097367Bytes)
ArduinoControllerV2.zip (1979057Bytes)

UPDATE - 15 September 2010:

Here is the second version. 

No crossing lines this time, the digital pins are broken in two blocks, and the enumeration of them goes from 13 to 0.

---

Hello All,

This was my first arduino project.

It is an application developed on processing that controls arduino's Inputs and Outputs.

To use just follow the instructions:

1. Program your arduino with Standart_Firmata that is on the folder Firmware.

2. Choose your OS folder and open the aplication.

3. Choose the serial port and wait a few seconds.

4. The digital pins start on INPUT mode, if you want to change to OUTPUT mode just press 'O'. To return to INPUT mode press 'I'.

5. On the OUTPUT mode to High or Low a pin (2-7) press the little button. To use PWM (pins 3,5,6,9,10 e 11) pass over the rectangle. 

If you want to modify the application you should have Processing (http://processing.org/) with the library "Arduino" (http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Interfacing/Processing) installed on your computer.

To do it just open ArduinoController.pde and change what you want.

Doubts/Comments/Suggestions/Modifications are always welcome!

PS: The pins 8 - 13 don't work on the Input and Output Digital mode, I don't know why. If you know how to make them work please tell me.

impressive

i think i will use it a lot this one.

**thumbs up ! **

Good one ! gr8 for debugging hardware problems :slight_smile:

One thing I would change was

One thing I would change was the enumeration of the digital pins and have the numbers go from 13 to 0. Maybe even break it into two blocks like the header and have pin 7 -0 in one table and 13 – 8 in a table above.
The crossing lines don’t look good at all.

Sorry for asking but I did

Sorry for asking but I did all the setups and when I start the ArduinoControler, I can read my ports on 0 com3 and 1 com6,but I can’t write anything else,it seems blocked on the first screen. Can you give me a hint please?. I uploaded the exemple Firmata and standard_firmata at first,then opened the windows application.  Thanks :slight_smile:

What is your arduino’s port?

What is your arduino’s port?

OK, I agree with you. I’ll

OK, I agree with you.  

I’ll do it when I have time.

In the divice manager it

In the divice manager it says COM 6 and I’m using that one in the Arduino program.

Press '1’

Ok, If you can read com6 on 1, you should press 1.

Did you do that?

Ok thanks I got it now but

Ok thanks I got it now but it didn’t before. Sorry for bothering. Thanks for your program I like it. :slight_smile:

Oooh Pretty !

Hello XicoMDB !

Very lovely !  I’ve looked into Processing a little but wanted a framework built more for robotics in mind.  I have to say I really like your graphics oriented approach.  Specifically, your picture of the board makes it so obvious what you can or should do ! Absolutely Brilliant !

I was wondering if I could graciously steal it and use it for MyRobotLab’s framework GUI interface ?

mrl_logo_copy.jpg

It’s  currently looks like this … Bleh, ugly default Java UI … not nearly as gorgeous !

Thanks

Of course you can!

does it control adruino from

does it control adruino from PC ?..

Yes

Yes