Arduino wirles light plan

Hallo,

I got a quistion about a arduinoi light project.
I am planning to make a multiple light spots with a arduino system to control them.
Now am i looking or searching whats best. I thought about a wifi system or a bleutooth system and control it with a remote control etc.

But the main question is… Are there any wifi or bleutooth modules that i can program soi i can add a small power supply to it and let 1 arduino control those spots? The question is more so i dont need to buy 3 or 4 arduinos to maintain them all.

And what should be best decision wifi or bleutooth? its meant to be in 1 building or location meby max 20meter distance from each other.

Thanks alot for the help.

Greatz
Scheve120.

Hello @Scheve120 and welcome to the forum!

Could you be more specific about the type and the number of lights you’re planning on using? Will there be obstacles between them?

What’s the setup you have in mind?

For now, I can suggest checking these sections:

And these products:

1 Like

My plan is to use some leds and the leds need be able to dim the leds from bright to low. but most part is to switch them seperate. Meby best option to do is use extra stuf but geus that needs a extra ardiuno system or best case a blackbarry py.

and the leds whil be not more than 1w becouse of the lamp.

Yes, the best option might be using extra microcontrollers. However, a raspberry pi might be an overkill, you could either use some Arduinos (preferably with Bluetooth/Wifi), for example:

But make sure you check if the working range for wireless communication meets your requirements.

Another great option is a ESP32 based microcontroller, because these can also communicate wirelessly, for example:

Another option is getting a regular microcontroller and some wireless communication modules, you can find some options in the Data Telemetry section of the store.

And in case you don’t already have the LED lights, you can find them in the Lighting section.

That would be for the “extra” microcontrollers approach, which would be similar to this:

There are other approaches that might be cheaper but would require more work, for example:

Or you might be interested in something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Starxing-Wireless-Operated-Lighting-Dimmable/dp/B07FY57K63

No matter what direction you take, I wish you good luck with your project :smile:

Its more i like to build it my self. Becouse its a present for my parents and i want do some self programming and building. But i might have a plan.
The plan from sensorino sounds a decent idea. Some arduino nanos are pretty cheap and combine it with a radio control or a wifi controller could do the trick than. Just need some cheap 220 to 12v dc adapters that i can break and build in the lamp.

1 Like

Keep in mind that most bluetooth systems are fairly short-range, at perhaps 30 feet open air. But, anything in between the transmitter and receiver will dramatically shorten that range.

Wifi is better in regards to distance. The main weakness is that it takes more power to maintain your connection. Your LED light will consume much more power when it is on, than any WiFi system, but if your system will be off most of the time, and must, on battery power, must maintain that WiFi connection, then you are better off will bluetooth.

-Joe

1 Like