[ARDUINO] Spider dagu burn

hello everyone. 

I recently acquired a Dagu Spider malheureusment but I have a little problem that I would like to expose you BEFORE testing it myself. Because Dagu has cost quite expensive for my small ways! And my first test has not been very conclusive. So i have questions :

I'm using :

- 3 servos connected (D13, D12, D11). 2 Tower Pro MG995 and 1 Micro Servo 9g.

- 6 alkaline batteries 1.5 V LR6 - AA

.... the board heating  and no LED lights. Is this normal?

.... Am i using a bad batteries ?

..... Can we connect the dagu with an external power supply (like i'm using ) and connect it with the usb at the same time (while the card heated  I made a micro quick test and every time I sent data to the card I lost the connection "COM5") ?

i'm so lost ... please show me the light ^^.

ps : Everything is fine when i use 1 servo (c# program send degrees to arduino prog which move in case). But when i connect the battery with one or more servo ........ it's not the same ...

best regards

Sebastien

ok ! so i can choose

ok ! so i can choose batteries like 6*NiMH AA (R6) 1,2 V 2700 mAh Sanyo but not 6*alcalines 1,5 V 3000 mAh, because nimh deliver much more energy,  Is that it ? 

And the board which burn, it is because  I reversed the + and - of the battery. Sorry i’m a noob ’ ^^

Can i connect the board with the good batteries AND connect by the Usb at the same time ?

thank you for having responded to me as quickly !

Seb

ok, I tested with the right

ok, I tested with the right connection (while connecting two servos) and everything seems to work. Chance? I saw in the forum that the red LED is the one that tells me the bootloader on and it shines continuously. I connect all (ei battery + board + pc) and also seems to work with alkaline but I’ll even get my NiMH batteries / lithium in the week.

I chose the wrong words in terms of physical units. As you said I’m newbie and I try to be careful next time! 

Thank you very much both of you, Oddbot and 6677 and if I may, I’ll keep you posted on my progress! 

Regards

Sebastien