Arduino mega and raspberry pi

i have a heavy metal chassis robot i modified and i want to build a custom controller for it and i want to know if it is possible to have an arduino mega send commands to a raspberry pi. if not then i want to know if you can monitor the mega on the robot through the the mega on the controller

Hi,

Yes, it is completely possible to have an Arduino Mega and a Raspberry Pi interact. The simplest way would be by connecting the Arduino Mega to the Raspberry Pi by USB. This removes any voltage level translation issues between the two boards. You could also connect the Mega and the RPi by using a direct UART connection, but would most likely require a voltage level translation (RB-Cyt-123, RB-Spa-869, RB-Spa-879) and is therefore not recommended if you can use the USB connection, which is simpler to use and provides the same interface type (UART -> USB (virtual serial port)) anyways.

As for sending commands, you will need to have a sketch running on the Arduino and some software on the RPi that communicate with each other over a pre-determined protocol. You can most likely find plenty of examples/tutorials with a quick online search about “Arduino Mega and Raspberry Pi”.

We hope this helps.

Sincerely,