Arduino ble uno

Hello guys,

Im new to this arduino platform. I have used parallax bs2 and also basic micros atom mcus years ago, but i dont know much about arduinos. I recently bought a Keywish Panther tank bot which came with the arduino ble uno and the manual is absolute garbage about programming or learning anything. I was able to assemble everything with ease but programming has been a problem. I was able to upload a sample LED program and it worked. I also was able to upload a sample Alarm program and that worked. I have not been able to upload the servo test example or compile the motor test program with any luck. What I need is like a simple one or two line code example to run 1 motor slowly. I keep getting compile errors. if using their sample code there should be no errors compiling unless the issue is my problem. Maybe I’m doing something wrong?

Here is the first error when compiling the sample code:

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
enabled in File > Preferences.
Arduino: 1.0.6 (Windows NT (unknown)), Board: “Arduino Uno”
Emakefun_MotorDriver.cpp: In member function ‘void Emakefun_EncoderMotor::init(void ()())’:
Emakefun_MotorDriver.cpp:127: error: converting from 'void (Emakefun_EncoderMotor::
)()’ to ‘void ()()’
Emakefun_MotorDriver.cpp:133: error: converting from 'void (Emakefun_EncoderMotor::
)()’ to ‘void (*)()’

Hello @Botwire and welcome to the RobotShop community,

I’m guessing you’re referring to this robot https://www.amazon.com/Keywish-Panther-Tank-Development-Ultrasonic-Educational/dp/B07ZB6R7ND

According to the details provided there, the robot uses a TB6612FNG motor driver. Knowing this I would try to run an example of this library:

Let us know how it goes!

Also, as you mentioned you’re new to Arduinos I suggest checking these tutorials:

Good luck!