Arduino Based Xbee for NES controller

Here is my idea for a drop in PCB replacement for an Arduino based Xbee controller. This would replace the original PCB in the NES controller and with luck I may be able to route the antenna out of the cable hole on the top of the controller.

The probem I am having is figuring out how to duplicate the pads for the carbon pill type buttons the controller uses.

If anyone has any ideas/ suggestions on how to approach the button pad designs let me know.
NES_XBEE.jpg

NES Controller.jpg

There are button switches with little nubs that are made to be mounted on a PCB behind a panel with film covered holes.

Alan KM6VV

When doing a similar project, I simply used bare traces instead of the carbon contacts. They should work in the same way. The carbon ink is used as a cheap second layer in most controllers, if you make a two or more layers PCB, then you can use the top layer as your contacts. See this reference: monome.org/40h/kit

Thanks Carlos! I was wondering if the bare traces would work as well as the carbon ink or if I would run into any problems with completing the trace on the circuit. I feel much better now that the bare copper should work fine.