Arduino 5 Minute Tutorials: Lesson 7 - Accelerometers, Gyros, IMUs

@dhanesh For more technical questions, it’s best to create a new topic on the RobotShop Forum. We’ll be happy to help.

how to write a code for accelerometer

@youssouf There is some simple sample code in the article, but it depends on which sensors you have, as well as which microcontroller (assume Arduino?). If you create a new topic on the RobotShop Forum we would be happy to help.

I’m working on a new project and actually i’m kinda new on this field, so please i really need some help, here it is I need to know how can i connect an accelerometer Altimu-10 v4 to an Arduino MEGA 2560 card and get the 3 values I need (x,y,z) on my screen, Thank you.

@Boualem For troubleshooting and technical support, please create a new topic on the RobotShop Forum and we would be happy to help.

@ Coleman … i want to integrate multiple IMUs with arduino …so how should i proceed ?. i want to reduce the drift using multiple sensors

How can I display mma7361 accelerometer on the PC for graphic display. Please help me

@Ali The best way to reduce drift is to choose a really fast microcontroller with high resolution A/D, and minimal extra code so it can read values (almost) as fast as the sensors can provide them. If you need to make calculations etc., use a separate microcontroller. If you can tell us more about your project, perhaps we can offer more insight - create a new topic on the RobotShop Forum.

@fardin the output of that sensor seems to be analog (three pins), so if you are using an Arduino microcontroller as an interface, your code needs to read each of those values and send a serial out command. Your could then use the Arduino IDE’s serial terminal window to see the values.

I want to measure the number of jump shots taken in basketball using the accelerometer and the gyro. Is it possible?

@Ray Massena You would need to mount a sensor on each player which might make a jump shot, and it can probably be done, but the hard part will be processing the data afterwards.

Hi,

I want to connect two ADXL 337Z to the arduino uno. I don’t know how to connect two acclerometer. I had done for one acclerometer.

Thanks

@Monika Malik The sensor seems to have three analog outputs for each of the three axes, so you would just connect each axis to its own analog pin on the Arduino, connect VS to 5V and GND to GND.

@Coleman Benson For your reply. But I have to connect 3axis ADXL 337Z ,two acclerometer to the Arduino and then compare the data between them. If could help for me.

Thank

@Monika Malik For more in-depth technical support, it’s best to create a new topic on the RobotShop Forum here: https://www.robotshop.com/forum/
The more details you can provide about what you have and what you want to do, the better we can help you.

I have bought RKI -1208 servo motor having 33 kg-cm stall torque at 6v, stall current-3.8 A.
I have to use it to rotate some amount of weight.
while the motor is stopped at certain angle, it is very difficult to move the horn- shaft even after applying a lot of force.
But while it is moving (sweep code in arduino library), its very easy to stop the motor with a little force.
I understand speed is indirectly proportional to torque.
when the speed is tooo slow its giving a good amount of torque.
I need a speed of at least 4 rpm to 10 rpm with maximum torque for my application
Also, can i do this with microseconds??
the torque loss might be happening because of the delay.
So, is there any other way to maintain speed without using delay??
please help.

@neha singh It does seem odd that the servo can be easily stopped when in motion, and we would need to know a lot more about your setup (controller, power supply, mechanics). Can you create a new topic on the RobotShop Forum? If you use the “delay” function then the servo is likely not receiving a signal and as such does not try to maintain a position.

Thank you so much for the reply Mr. coleman…
By servo being stopped, i meant it is stopped by some amount of resistance (in my application) while moving. and it is not able to move against a force. Running torque is almost one-third of the stall torque. Also, my lever arm is of 6 cm. so, all the torque is getting divided by 6. of-course, by decreasing the speed I am able to get full torque. But, I want a certain speed (6 seconds- 120 degree) with more running torque. I am using arduino uno and 6v, 4.5 AH power supply. the system doesn’t have friction because of bearing.

Also, how to create a new topic on the RobotShop Forum?

https://www.robotshop.com/forum/posting.php?mode=post&f=78