Aquarduino - The remote controlled aquarium(Arduino inside).

Hello everyone ..

The idea of a remote controlled aquarium and generally the control of it using a common pc has been wandering in my mind .

So I decided to start making one .

The idea is to have a common aquarium that can be controlled remotely(the feeding process,information) through the internet hopefully .

The information the user will get through the page I will make for the project is : Ph level and temperature of the water 

Furthermore  a web camera will be placed on a pan-tilt mechanism that the visitor can handle through a buttons form I will make .

I was hoping to put a wii camera on the top of the aquarium inorder to see how many fish are alive but fish are cold-blooded and this one cannot be done .Then I thought something else .When I want to see how many fish are alive I will light some ir leds and the wii cam will see where the ir light reflects on ,though I dont know if this can happen because ir light reflects on water too.

Thats all for the first version .

I have started building the whole thing 2 weeks ago.

The feeding mechanism is ready and now Im working on the 2 surfaces all the electronics and the servos,etc will be placed on .

Below you can see a rough sketch  I made in Google Sketch up  8 to show you how it will look like .

The aquarium will be spherical though in the sketch is a cube because I coudn't make a sphere .

(update 1/5/2011:actuall google skecth up sketch added)

Aquarduino-p1_0.jpg

(update:27/05/2011,21:44) : Feeding mechanism almost done .You can see some photos below .

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

Will be updated again soon...