Apod configuration problem

After assembled the apod like showed in the tables i have many problem programming it
I think there are same errors in pins assignment showed in the tables and in file config.
Anyone has my same problem?
I wrong in samething?
Can u read this post for to understand better…
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8071

Yes, the config file is wrong.

like i hoped the problem was just the config file.
i have tested the apod for few minuts and its walk seams to be good ( even i think is much eavy )
I think to still have a problem with mandible:
i can only open with L1 but not close pushing L2…
I haven’t put the sensor , maybe that is the cause?

Yes, probably. I could make a new version where you simply could define if the sensor is used or not. I need to do some changes anyway. The sensor is recommended though. What servos are you using? Did you buy the Lynxmotion kit?

Yes,off-course…i’m using hitec 645

I’m becaming crazy programming the apod!
I hoped was much easy like i did with Phoenix…but maybe is not so…

I 've loaded ur file zenta and ( even if on the screen is open a little window : ERROR VERIFYING 3292 )…after a first test ( walk ok, mandibles open only )…i notice that putting the controlling on, then logic power and servos power bb continue to beeping until i press start botton…
I’ve verifyed that mandibles doesn’t close and then i turned off…
From this moment when i turn on again bb2 continue to beeping but this time with 3 tone ( like we turn on ) and then one single tone…bot doesn’t responde!!
I tryed again…again…and again to program the atom but now the situation is the same!
Nobody other has my same problems?

First thing I would check is my battery power. Sounds like maybe your 9V battery is getting low. When I find it is not programming well like error in verify that is often an indication. Also usually notice the leds on the PS2 receiver get dim…

Kurt

Hi kurte!!
I thought the same thing…
I’ve just tryed…but the problem is the same ,even if now seam to don’t give me the error during program writing.

Sounds like there was a power issue… Now check the next power issue, that is batteries in the PS2 controller have a charge. Do you still get the beeping?

Are you using the files that Zenta uploaded? If so I would try making 2 changes in the config file.
Comment out the two lines:

cTurnOffVol con 630 ; When uncomment the bot will turn off when ; the voltage drops below this setpoint (630 = 6.3V) UseCodeOffsets con 1 ;Comment this line if you are using the internal SSC32 registry offsets
in the phoenix_config_3dofapod.bas file. That is put a ; in at the start of each of those lines.

The first one is saying to monitor the battery voltages and if it gets too low turn the robot off and don’t let it turn back on. Great for LIPO battery, but if you are using NIMH (Lynxmotion battery), than this may be happening…

The 2nd one will allow the code to simply use the offsets for the servos that are stored on the EEPROM of the SSC-32.

Kurt

Batteries in ps2 controller just changed with new ones…
And steel beeping…3 ascendant tones, but controller detected coz green and red light are on continuous.

Yes ,I’m using zenta file that him uploaded and I have tryed putting comment this morning:
Apod did few steps and then 3tones ascendant,1sec pause and 1tone ( like balance mode sound ) evry 2/3 sec at the same time with 1 blink af green led on the ssc
I’m using the same lipo battery that i had on Phoenix…just charged it also!

I would still try commenting out the CturnOffVol as The sound every 2-3 seconds sounds like the voltage check code:

[code]CheckVoltage:
#IFDEF cTurnOffVol
adin cVoltagePin, Voltage ; Battery voltage
Voltage = (Voltage*1955)/1000

IF (NOT SafetyShutDown) THEN
	IF (Voltage < cTurnOffVol) OR (Voltage >= 1999) THEN
		;Turn off
  		BodyPosX = 0
  		BodyPosY = 0
  		BodyPosZ = 0
  		BodyRotX1 = 0
  		BodyRotY1 = 0
  		BodyRotZ1 = 0
  		TravelLengthX = 0
  		TravelLengthZ = 0
  		TravelRotationY = 0
  		SelectedLeg = 255

SafetyShutDown = 1
  		HexOn = 0
	ENDIF
ELSE
  Sound cSpeakerPin,[45\1000]
  pause 2000
ENDIF

#ENDIF
return
[/code]
You might notice in the else clause (not the first time), it makes a sound and then sleeps for 2 seconds, where it returns and probably jumps back up to the start of the code and does it again…

To use the Voltage check you need to have the appropriate jumper inserted on the Bot Board 2. That is I believe on P17 you need the jumper to the Voltage divider… Note: It is not shown as in place on the diagram as part of the tutorial:

Nor is the connection for the FSR connection that would connect up to P16…

That is on the Diagram above, it sound the the AX1 pin up to the VL voltage divider…

Kurt

THANX KURTE FOR ALL UR TIME…
so,I understand :
the problem is the CturnOffVol right?..so if I comment it the rproblem should be resolved!..but I try doing so…but ,after writing that code, nothing changes.
the other way is to leave the code in original way but add a jumper on the bb2 ,isn’t it?

I tryed again to comment those:

Code:
cTurnOffVol  con 630   ; When uncomment the bot will turn off when
              ; the voltage drops below this setpoint (630 = 6.3V)
UseCodeOffsets   con 1   ;Comment this line if you are using the internal SSC32 registry offsets

Nothing to do!!
:frowning:

Do you have a multimeter? If so, measure the VS and VL when the robot is powered.
Is it so that you are using a LiPo connected directly to the VL or do you use a 9v batt for the VL?

Did you put a jumper on the VL voltage divider pin I mentioned to see what that would do? When you comment out the line are you still getting the beeping?

Is the PS2 leds both on solid when you are turned on and the controller is turned on?..

Not sure what else to ask at this point with knowing what it is or is not doing…

Kurt

Morning…
Now i put to charge the battery of servos again for to test from begin:
I’ll test put and don’t put the comment,then i’ll write what happen…:frowning:
The ‘power’ configuration in the same that i had on Phoenix:
Same battery lipo 3600ma ( i think i need more ) 7,4 v
Same Regulator 6v
Same NEW 9v battery
The all jups and connection are the same of what illustrate in the Apod tables

I’ll try to put the jumper on VL on bb2 like u say kurte…

I hope with one of this solution will resolve the beeping problem…
But for mandibles closing problem?

I have comment the 2 line of code again, writed the program it on atom ,and now seams that ‘beeping’ problem is solved…maybe i need more than 3600ma for to give power to 25 servos,so that could be the cause of ‘beeping’ …
For now i have still to resolve the mandibles problem:
Without the sensor i can’t close it…:frowning:

…or if is a problem to modify the apod code for use it without sensor,indicate me please the way to connect the sensor to the bb2 cause in the apod tables it isn’t showed:-(

Assuming you followed the A-Pod Griper Assembly instructions: lynxmotion.com/images/html/build183.htm starting around step 8…

All you need to do is route that cable back to the BB2 and plug it into P16 which on the BB2 is also labeled as AX0… Normal color (ie black goes to ground which is toward the outside of the board)

As for the code, yes it would take changes to make it work without it.

Kurt

I did a quick hack of Zenta’s code. I defined a pin number constant for the FSR pin in the config file. I changed the ADIN to use it instead of the hard coded one. I also detected if the pin was defined or not and if not hard coded to say that we don’t have FSR contact… Can not try the code out, so no idea if it works. If it does than there is more code that can be conditionally compiled out. Things like adjusting the force that we close and the like, but no use doing that if the first part does not work…

The file also use the use code offsets and battery detector options commented out. For normal use we should reenable the FSR. Also should update tutorial to show it plugged in…

Kurt

Edit: Updated to remove more code if the FSR is not defined…
APod_PS2.zip (26.8 KB)