Anyone know how to lower the output speed on a T-Rex controller?

RB_Bot.JPG (133270Bytes)

Hello, I just built a robot based on OddBot's Big Bot platform. I am controlling it via RC to a T-Rex controller. Everything works, but I just want to get the speed down. Do I need to download whatever program is running on the controller to edit it? Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi, I’m also a beginner with

Hi, I’m also a beginner with arduino and I am not familiar with the trex controller.

However I did take a look at the example code and I think you have to make a change in RCmode.ino.

Part of that code:

lmspeed=(Speed-Steer-1500)*8/10;

rmspeed=(Speed+Steer-1500)*8/10;

I think you should change it so the value will be lower Something like this:

lmspeed=(Speed-Steer-1500)*8/15;

rmspeed=(Speed+Steer-1500)*8/15;

Also look at the next part:

if(lmspeed<-255) lmspeed=-255;

if(lmspeed>255) lmspeed=255;

if(rmspeed<-255) rmspeed=-255;

if(rmspeed>255) rmspeed=255;

Motors();

}

You can try to change the 255 into a lower number.

Thanks!

Thanks Danny, I will give your idea a shot and let you know what happens!

Got the speed down-thanks! - BUT new problem…

Changing the statements below (from the RC mode tab in the main T-Rex sketch)from 255 to 45 did the trick:

if(lmspeed<-45) lmspeed=-45;

if(lmspeed>45)  lmspeed=45;

if(rmspeed<-45) rmspeed=-45;

if(rmspeed>45)  rmspeed=45;

The motors now run much slower and my robot is easier to control. However, I have another problem whereby only one of the two RC channels (throttle and steering) work at a time. I can unplug one and the other works. I plugged two servos into the RC receiver and they both responded fine. It’s something in the code I believe, but I cannot figure it out. Any ideas?

Did you save an old

Did you save an old configuration where you know the two servos were working? You can temporarily reload that and then make the speed adjustments again to see if it works.