Anyone familiar with TAOS TCS230 DB Color Sensor? Programming Qns

I'm trying to build a color sensing robot that is able to navigate its way till it locates the specific color indicated by the user. This color sensor uses the RGB values.

I'm thinking of creating a library of RGB values such that when the user selects the color, its RGB values will be store in the "target's memory". However, a range of values will be required, unless I'm able to provide the exact RGB values.

How should be program flows?

I have the colorsensor, and

I have the colorsensor, and I have had it for half a year, but I haven’t had the time to do much experimenting. I’ll hook it up one of these days to start experimenting. Let’s exchange ideas and experience.

What programming language and processor are you using?

Did you have a look at the
Did you have a look at the application notes? http://taosinc.com/application.asp?appid=18&cateid=11&coor_id=1

I’m using Parallax BS2pe

I’m using Parallax BS2pe MotherBoard, program using PBasic.

I’ve read the datasheets, though most of dun make sense to me.

Take a look at the Color
Take a look at the Color Classification with the TCS230 document that is in the link I wrote.

Parallax appears to have a
Parallax appears to have a lot of info including code on their product description of this device.

Ya, the demo codes are
Ya, the demo codes are working, but not the one in "Color Classification with the TCS230 document" .

That’s probably because the

That’s probably because the code in that application note was not written in PBasic, for the BS2pe that you’re using, but in a more generic form of BASIC. If you want it to work, you’ll need to convert it to something the BS2pe understands.

A color classification program actually made for the BS2pe is in the Nuts and Volts article linked on the Parallax site.

It is helpful if a direct link to the material in question is provided. I had to search a bit to find where this code was, in an application note on the TAOS site, not the Parallax site.

sorry, the link was posted

sorry, the link was posted by jka earlier. will include the link for easier reference next time.

the Nuts & Volts article looks good. Update u guys soon.

I am using TCS230 Evaluation

I am using TCS230 Evaluation boards from Embedded For You magazine.

TAOS TCS230 Evaluation kit .
RGB and HSL conversion data on serial port.
On ATMEGA8
With 16X2 alphanumeric display.
And Frequency scaling options

is available at www.embedded4u.com magazine website.
Product Code : CAN-10
http://www.embedded4u.com/kits4u.asp?pn … 1&cat=