Animatronics Presentation

I was asked to discuss Capabilities and Possibilities. So I took a couple of works in process and spoke for about 20 minutes. The controllers are both SSC32u boards. aaaab.avi (2.2 MB)

Hi @urthlight,

Can you explain better what are we looking at here?

Sure. The red arm is a cheap Chinese 7 degrees of freedom robot arm kit. I did not like the elbow, but the rest was pretty good. After rebuilding the inferior elbow to make it independent of the shoulder, it was a nice arm. I added the Lynxmotion gripper and a SSC-32U controller to run it. You see it running an exercise sequence.
The head is a 3d printed animatronic project based on the inmoov community’s work. It has 11 servos and another SSC-32U.It to is running a simple exercise routine. Both robots are running on the same laptop, each with it’s own instance of Visual Sequencer. These were hobby builds that I was working on at home.
My boss saw the arm and asked me to show it to the sales team and give a presentation. I brought the head and arm and talked for about 20 minutes. We are now seriously talking about doing animatronics.
I will have been on this job for one year in January. So I may be doing my hobby at work pretty soon. It is a sort of Cinderella story.
Here is a better video of the head.

1 Like