Animatronic robot talking head

Hello all you LMRians!

It's been 7 or 8 years since I posted on this site, as I had to pack up robotics in 2011. I have however visited the site periodically, and certainly have noticed some changes. Especially this new site design, which I'm now trying to grasp.

I did take up UAV's in 2013 for a while, but have had a renewed interest in robotics over the last 18 months or so, and have built a few simple robots to entertain my grandchildren.

I feel that I can now share these with you, as some of you may also find them entertaining.

This is an animatronic robotic head I built about a year ago, My thanks go to e-labtronics and Marshall Tearle for the inspiration.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/animatronic-robot-talking-head
1 Like

This is perfect for a halloween post! It would be great if you could create a “how to” for animatronic heads. Didn’t know you before, but “welcome back!”.

Thank you for your welcome, cbenson. I did in fact use it with a halloween mask last year for the grandchildren!
Unfortunately, I’m finding it quite difficult to navigate this new site and am not sure how to post pictures etc on the site. I used to have a domain where I could host pictures and link them to the old site, but I think age is getting the better of me :wink:

Great looking animatronic head. Do you have a video about it?

1 Like

Thanks for the compliment, maelh.
Yes I do, and will try now to put it in the post.

2 Likes

Wow! Awesome robot!
Thank you so much for adding more details!
Love the way you integrated the dialogue and the Halloween mask!

Very cinematic/theatre-like introduction. I like it. It’s funny when the talking starts :slight_smile:

Thanks also for the build-details, this is what this site is/was all about, and makes it more relatable.

1 Like