AL5D base rotate plate

Hi,

I built my AL5D arm a couple weeks ago, and its base has been having some problems. Sometimes when I extend the arm very far, it falls off of the base, with the base rotate plate attached to the shoulder motor. Can we glue the plate to the gear of the base rotate motor? If not how can I fix this problem?

When you connected the top part of the base rotate kit, you need to have reinstalled the screw:
Step 6: lynxmotion.com/images/html/build40d.htm

Hi,

We missed the screw after removing , can you please guide us where to get this this screw.

Regards

Sreedhar

Unfortunately the manufacturer (Hitec) does not offer this screw separately. Do not glue the plate to the servo. It’s a 2.6mm x 10mm long self-tapping screw.

I had problem with new Base Rotate plate hole with #4 x .500" is same to 2g x 1/2" on after Canada Air Post arrived on last week? I am not sure hole size with plastic sheet is some screw without size information or they didn’t put label printing on small plastic bag? Also I was looking person asking for glue in Base Rotate plate hole that add super glue or hole drill in Aluminum Multi-Purpose Large Servo Bracket Single (ASB-201) for 4G x 1/2"?

@bamccall Can you confirm which product(s) you’re talking about? Perhaps provide a link? Some photos? Just want to be certain we’re talking about the same product.

I am not sure calculator for 2.5/6" x .250" Phillips Head machine screw is Fig 7a?

Do you mean here?
http://www.lynxmotion.com/images/html/build40d.htm

I had problem with new Base Rotate plate hole with #4 x .500" is same to 2g x 1/2"

Do you mean step #17b in the base rotate assembly guide?
http://www.lynxmotion.com/images/html/build40d.htm
These four wood screws are optional, only if you want to fix the base rotate to a table.

I am not sure hole size with plastic sheet is some screw without size information or they didn’t put label printing on small plastic bag?

Do you mean the hole size to drill to use these #4 x 0.500" wood screws?

Also I was looking person asking for glue in Base Rotate plate hole that add super glue or

It’s really up to you if you want to use glue, but tightening the screws properly should keep them in place.

hole drill in Aluminum Multi-Purpose Large Servo Bracket Single (ASB-201) for 4G x 1/2"?

You should not need to drill into anything, and there is no need to make any holes bigger.