Add the LMR Watermark to Your Videos

lmr_com.jpg

I just uploaded a video of my latest robot to YouTube.  I wanted to add the LMR logo, but I didn't know how.  Here is the result of my efforts.  I run on Linux, so I chose to use ffmpeg to add the logo.  I downloaded the logo zip and chose a logo.  I put it in the same folder as the video.  This makes the command line entry much shorter.  If you don't do it this way, you will need to provide the full path to the files.  By the way, ffmpeg has ports to Linux and Windows.  I'm not sure about Macs.  

The first hurdle was that most of the info on the web is for older versions of ffmpeg.  If you run with version 0.5.x or newer, you could benefit from this information!  Using what I found, I ran it like this:

ffmpeg -i newBotMotorTest.3gp -sameq -vf "movie=LMR_logo_com_300hollow.png [logo]; [in][logo] overlay=0:0 [out]" newBotMotorTest.mp4

and hit this error:

Error while opening encoder for output stream #0.1 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height

You need to specify the sampling rate, using -ar like this:

ffmpeg -i newBotMotorTest.3gp -sameq -ar 22050 -vf "movie=LMR_logo_com_300hollow.png [logo]; [in][logo] overlay=0:0 [out]" newBotMotorTest.mp4

N.B. - The overlay=0:0 [out] switch places the logo in the top left corner.  0:0 is the x:y position.  

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip :)Many

Thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

Many people (like myself) are just using video editing software, but I really like how you decided to just share a little something you saw as a little challenge, which you solved.

That is the best any one can do, because it really is what lifts us all to the next level - one challenge at a time :slight_smile: