Adafruit motor shield, just running one motor

I have looked at the tutorials from adafruit, such as this one:  http://www.ladyada.net/make/mshield/use.html and I can include the library in my program, I tried the examples and I get nothing. I am using 7.2 volts for my power supply and the motor is from an rc car. I have tested the motors with a different h-bridge that came with my DFrobotshop rover and it works fine. The code is pretty straight forward, I just don't know what I am doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

edit:

I finally charged my battery and plugged it into the power connection on the motor shield. I think I found out why it was working. My Capacitor exploded!!! So I must of put in the wrong way....there goes 20 bucks. Do you think I will be able to fix it if I replace the capacitor.

Code:

#include <AFMotor.h>

AF_DCMotor motor(2, MOTOR12_64KHZ); // create motor #2, 64KHz pwm

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600); // set up Serial library at 9600 bps
Serial.println(“Motor test!”);

motor.setSpeed(200); // set the speed to 200/255
}

void loop() {
Serial.print(“tick”);

motor.run(FORWARD); // turn it on going forward
delay(1000);

Serial.print(“tock”);
motor.run(BACKWARD); // the other way
delay(1000);

Serial.print(“tack”);
motor.run(RELEASE); // stopped
delay(1000);
}

The only stupid question I can manage is …

Is the AFMotor.h in the correct directory?

EDIT

After some more reading, I have a couple more questions. The other h-bridge you used, was it comparable to the one/s found on the adafruit motor shield, namely in current handling capability? And, did you connect the motor to the correct pair of screw terminals?

My directory

My directory is Documents/Arduino/libraries/MotorShield/AFMotor.cpp for your other questions, both h-bridges use the L293D. I don not know about current hadling capability. Both wires are in the correct screw terminals, I doubled checked.