Activation code problem

Hi!

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering.

Description:
I installed flowarm pltw, I have a problem with the activation code, a message that says activation failed, please check internet connection and firewall shows up. I have internet connection and I have disabled the firewall. I still having the same message
Hardware concerned:

Software concerned:
Flowarm pltw
Troubleshooting steps already taken:

Additional information:

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

@Andresms Welcome to the RobotShop Community. We’re not aware of any issues with that software at this time. Normally when that error is seen, there does seem to be something with the internet connection such that the software cannot communicate with the online license provider. This might also be because of an antivirus software. Have you tried on a different computer? Note that this software works in Windows 7 and 10.

1 Like

I tried in both systems. I turned off the antivirus and I still having the same issue

Certainly not a known issue, and the same program has not changed for quite some time (downloaded many times). Perhaps at the end of the installation, where it prompts you if you want to run the program, uncheck it, then run the program as administrator? Can you see if the program is trying to access the internet?

What OS are you using?

1 Like

Hey @Andresms!

Welcome to the RobotShop community?

You mention using FlowArm PLTW and having a failed activation. Are you using a version from a CD? If that is the case, that may explain the issue.

Please note a free download of the newest version is available here.

1 Like

Yes, the installation was from a CD. I downloaded the program and it works. Thank you for the information

2 Likes

Ah, yes, the CD… :smiley:
That CD has not being in active use for a few years.

Great! Glad to hear! :slight_smile:

No problem! Have a good time with your robot arm! :+1:

3 Likes