AAARRRGGGHHHH! Lost my tutorial post (again)

“Save and Preview” died again:

https://community.robotshop.com/tutorials/new

Oops! An Error Occurred

The server returned a “500 Internal Server Error”.

Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I entered everything, including a picture. First time I hit “save and preview” it came back saying there were errors. There was no picture listed, so I tried uploading the picture again. Clicked “save and preview” a second time and it died with the above error message.
Me not happy.

Hi rlortie,
Thanks for the tip, but I learned my lesson last time. Now, before I try to save, I copy and paste all my text to a text file. I recreated it from the text file. I’m sure that tip will come in handy, though. No doubt at some point I will forget.
I put this post here out of frustration and also to let you know it was happening. One thing that seems to be common is if I select a local picture to upload for the lead photo but just scroll down without hitting “continue” It will give the standard “incomplete” error. Then, when I select the picture file again and hit “continue” is when it crashed this time. I think that is also what happened last time.
One other comment. I fully understand why you aren’t allowed to post and show without a picture, but not being able to save as a draft without a picture is a really big inconvenience. I mostly have just had to upload some random png or jpg file as a placeholder until I come up with something. It would be great if you could allow saving as draft without the picture.

anyway, thanks again

1 Like