A4WD3-LED Board PWM Compatible

Hi

Hoping someone can help me understand what the wiki means when it says “PWM compatible”

I tried connecting to a channel on mt RC reciever however the LED was always on regarless of the channel output

H1: Connect to a digital output (1.7V to 20V) to enable the CREE white LED

Note: PWM compatible

H2: Connect to a digital output (1.7V to 20V) to enable the red LEDs

Note: PWM compatible

Hi michaelh,

This means you can send PWM digital pulses to change its brightness.
For example, connected to a PWM capable pin of an Arduino microcontroller.

It’s not RC compatible.

All the best,

1 Like

We have acquired a Rovers model and we need to implement 4 LED lights type “White High Power LED Module and Red Brake A4WD3 – Lynxmotion”. Please send wiring diagram and suggested connections to make it work

2 Likes

@RFC Welcome to the RobotShop Community.
For mechanical installation, look at the Optional steps here:

For wiring:

If you want to have the lights on at all times, they only need power from the main wiring harness.
If you want to control them remotely, you’ll need either an RC relay or connect them to something like a microcontroller.

If you’re still uncertain, tell us how you’d like to use them and we’ll be happy to help.

1 Like

How are you controlling your Rover ? (RC / Autonomous / Other)

1 Like

Muchas Gracias Dialfonso,…el Rover lo controlo con con RC siyi y navegador pixhawks, y justamente no me queda claro en la pagina de linxmotion donde se conectan los cables azul, amarillo y verde, entendiendo que el rojo y verde deben ir a la batería y los (azul, amarillo y verde) a conexión PWM del navegador pixhawks …¿esta bien?, ¿debo tener alguna precaución con las diferentes entradas y salidas de voltaje?

Gracias
RFC

Thank you very much Dialfonso,…I control the Rover with Siyi RC and Pixhawks navigator, and it is not clear to me on the linxmotion page where the blue, yellow and green cables are connected, understanding that the red and green should go to the battery and the (blue, yellow and green) PWM connection of the pixhawks browser… is this okay? Should I take any precautions with the different voltage inputs and outputs?

Thank you
RFC

Muchas Gracias Cbenson

en la otra respuesta indico mis dudas

RFC

Thank you very much Cbenson

In the other answer I indicate my doubts

RFC

I don’t know how you would be able to connect to a PixHawk controller in order to gain control over the LED.
The LED Board has been made to be controlled by putting the lines “High” to a voltage of between 1.7V and 20V.

1 Like