A quick question about helicopter rotor thrust for new idea

Someone is talking of me… HaHa…
Most Vibration in a copter will come from unbalanced prop.

Ah cool, I see …

Hi guys, just had a quick question to ask …
What do you think of this motor?
Oh, and just checking through the masses of the servos and estimating the mass of the battery pack, I can see the robot heading towards 2.25kg so it looks like 3kg will be about right for the final mass. :laughing:

I’ve been thinking of how to make it smaller/lighter but it kinda comes back to the motor-motor distance and I recall DiaLFonZo saying that his small, lightweight quadcopter had a motor-motor distance of, I think it was 305mm so I can’t go lower than that and for something that has legs, stronger motors would definitely be required to lift it off the ground and then for stronger motors you need stronger servos, etc. so yeah, I guess the only thing I can do at the moment is to work on making brackets as light as possible so that their mass is more or less negligible in comparison to everything else combined. ^___^

Ah yes, I’ve also got another idea for the docking system which involves a double hole punch effect. :mrgreen:

AKdaBAOUS

Those turnigy are not very well know for multicopter.
They have bad bearings and vibrate. But many people have use them (i can’t say about that particular one but the serie).

I would look at SunnySky, T-Motors or something like that.
himodel.com/electric/SUNNYSK … Motor.html

rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1826354

Thanks for the links - but in terms of specs, are those values what I should be looking around for?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/catalog/NTM3548-900-3S-Dyno.jpg

AKdaBAOUS

I don’t see any prop dimension…

Yeah, I’m afraid they didn’t have any of them. :laughing:

Statistic with missing information is not good.
Your design can accept which size of prop maximum ?
I would stay away from 3 blades cause the are almost imposible to balance (they can but … ) and they are not as efficient as 2 blades in most case.
Very good 2 blades is the key.

True - they had a little “Info coming soon” thing on the page but I have no idea how long that’s been there for. ^___^

The largest propeller I can have it incorporate is 11 inches.

Cool, I’ll stick to 2 blade propellers, they have more of a variety too. ^___^

AKdaBAOUS

What would be your price range?
I will look for 11" ready motor

Anything below $40 would be good. ^___^
Thanks for this! :mrgreen:

AKdaBAOUS

40$ per motor or total…

$40 per motor. ^___^

Look here
flitelab.com/OnlineStore/MotorsE … otors.aspx

I know the owner of flitelab and he is a very nice guy, say that you where linked by DiaLFonZo if you buy something.
You can email him he is very fast.

The “MS2814-10 KV770” would probably be a good choice.
I would go with a 4s LiPo.

Thank you for your help DiaLFonZo - it’s very much appreciated! ^___^

AKdaBAOUS

Hi guys! :mrgreen:
Sorry it’s been a while but I’ve been kind of busy this past week - I have however, drawn up a design for the body plates. :slight_smile:

Um…just a bit of info on the designs…
The six holes that are dotted around the body are for feeding wires through as well as attempting to make the body that little bit lighter. :slight_smile:
The large chunk missing from the centre is where I plan to have the battery “suspended” from - again, it’s also for making the body lighter. The four holes near the centre will serve as attachment holes for pillars onto which the docking system will be mounted.

I’ll upload a sketch later so it’s clearer. :laughing:

AKdaBAOUS

Look good
Now how that will come with the Quad part… :wink:

I’m working on the full model for the robot as we speak - should have it ready for you guys by … perhaps this weekend. ^___^

AKdaBAOUS

What… weekend… :stuck_out_tongue:
We are Wednesday… Just kidding…