A-Pod requirements to get up and running

Hi!

What is required to get this Lynxmotion A-Pod Hexapod Robot Kit up and running, and can I use my flysky 10 channel radio and micro receiver with this robot?
Also can I use lipo batteries with it?

There are two kits available:

This contains only the body and leg panels, and a lot of additional parts like the servos and electronics are needed. As such, we assume you’re looking at the next one:
This one does not include the following largely because it allows customers to select their own parts.

Microcontroller & RC servo controller

Battery, Charger & Wiring

Controller

With the suggested items above, you can use the Phoenix sample code to get up and running, though there is no specific code for the head, mandibles or tail.

Q1) can I use my flysky 10 channel radio and micro receiver with this robot?

There would not be any sample code nor connection diagram for that. It could theoretically be done, but you’d be on your own regarding wiring and programming.

Q2) Also can I use lipo batteries with it?

Most RC servo motors operate at up to 6V, so a 7.4V LiPo is not suggested. You could opt for the hardware only kit and some Hitec “High Voltage” (HV) servos which are physically compatible.

1 Like

Thank you very much, is there somewhere I can get code for the head, tail and mandible?

The A-Pod is effectively a one of a kind hexapod robot, and unfortunately the code was not ported from Basic Atom to Arduino. If you are ok at programming, you can follow the code and port it yourself (bottom of the page here) or create your own.
http://www.lynxmotion.com/images/html/build184.htm
Both the Basic Atom MCU and the Bot Board were discontinued many years ago.

I know nothing about programing, but I’ll give it a shot, I was hoping there would be pre written programs like the Phoenix,

Thank you for your help, I’ll let you know how I make out

@Martex We do apologize for this. Aside from the head and tail, it does use the same Phoenix code as the other hexapods though.

Okay thanks, I’ll let you know what happens.