A-pod, an ant inspired hexapod

how great are current of the apod?
how many do you use?
have this prints a self-protection

i need it too. i hope my Lipo is not death :wink:

but the charger say its all okay :slight_smile:

do you use three of it? givs 24 Amperes?

Hi,

Thanks for your response! I’m sorry for not being so active lately.

Thanks for your tip! But I’m already in contact with another magazine… :wink:

I think I saw something about it too, I probably have to do some searches… Actually I’ve agreed with a big factory with several large CNC machines that they can make some aluminium parts for me. :smiling_imp: But thats for the future. :wink: Anyway, I probably have to do the anodizing by myself though…

Thanks Chunga! Thats pretty easy actually. I just command the head and abdomen tilt servo with the same deg value (inverted) as the BodyRotX deg value.

hmm, I’ve not measured it. But one thing is for sure; the 6 femur servo do get hot, since A-Pod has a total weight of about 3,35 kg.

2, and that seem to work fine.

No self protection I think, because I managed to blow one of them because of a short circuit. But they have a LiPo monitor (4 LED’s).
Why do you think your LiPo is dead? Have you measured the cell voltage?

Zenta, you seem to be pretty good with making stuff, I’m surprised you haven’t tried making any fiberglass things… I made a top for the phoenix … still work in progress, its quite light and rigid for a body you would need at least 3-5 layers. making a mold is the tedious work, although you can make body pieces very quickly after you get the base mold work done.

Kevlar is about 1/3rd the price of carbon fiber and looks very slick.

Although you can buy 2-3mm thick carbon fiber panel sheets and have them laser cut, I’d imagine if you had a cad drawing of all the phoenix pieces or a cad program you could see how many tidbits you can fit on 1 piece of carbon sheet for hardly any waste material if you want really accurate pieces… I like that abs plastic you used, its cheep stuff but the outcome is fantastic!

I just picked up my latest Robot Magazine and I found a write up on this on Page 12 :slight_smile:

Congratulations!!!

Kurt

As Harry mentioned in the article I think there will come a second Phoenix article primary about Xan’s code.
lynxmotion.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4485

Cool! I’ve not got my last issue of botmag in the mailbox yet, looking forward to it :wink:

Did you also see a second article about Phoenix too? Regarding Xan’s great codework?

Is it in stores already? The botmag website tells me it’s scheduled for May 26th.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Maybe the 26th is the official international date? :unamused:

Yes there is a full artical on “Controlling the Lynxmotion Phoenix” with a picture of Jeroen (Xan) and talking about the software. Way to go!!!

Sorry I did not mention this one yesterday as I only had a chance to start my browse through the magazine.

I probably get it quicker as I also subscribe to it and I am in the US…

Edit: Maybe they send out to subscribers before they put them in the stores as a way to get people to subscribe

Kurt

Its probably because you are in US… :wink:

Got mine today! Very good coverage. :smiley:

Thanks Jim!

I’ve no idea how the article look like, so I’m pretty excited to see it now.
I’m still waiting for my issue to arrive in the mail… Long way to Norway :laughing:

Congratulations on your published article KÃ¥re!

Always a thrill to see your work published. Employers tend to take notice of published works as well. ;>)

Alan KM6VV

Thanks Alan!

Hey Zenta, congrates on the article!

By the way, just wondering, this UBEC is rated up to 12.6V. Have you try to connect it with a 3 cells 11.1 Lipo? Since it uses switching method, theoritically the battery span would increase by 50%.

Any luck for that? :unamused:

Thanks tnay!

I’ve not tried them with 3 cells, but I’m pretty sure it would work though. But I think I’ve read that 2 cells are recommended…

my copy came though the door! yay.
well done to both Zenta and Xan for the coverage. whats next… front page maybe?

i havent read it yet but i will catch up tonight.

great to put a face to the name, Xan. :wink:

good luck with future publications. i feel more comming your way. :wink:

Thanks!

Great work Zenta! You’re name is all over the botmag! It was a pleasure to read the articles! I was surprised to read my name in you’re article to. Thanks for that! I really appreciate it! :smiley:

Gratz,

Xan

Cheers Xan! 8)
I hope I wrote your name correctly this time… :wink:
So you’ve got the magazine too now? Argh :imp: I’ve not got it yet, I hope its waiting for me in my mailbox when I’m back from my office today.

You sure did! :slight_smile: Thanks!!

Oh really?!? I got mine last Wednesday! :open_mouth:

What’s up with the Norwegian post service? :unamused:

Xan