A new Species of Lynxmotion Robots

Sorry about the topic title. I didn’t know what else to call it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would like to know what other people think about Lynxmotion creating a robot that resembles a living thing. If you select “Other”, please post what you think.

I put robot dog, id like to see something like aibo again :stuck_out_tongue:

I think Jim should keep doing exactly what he is doing: making parts that can be applied to any robot you care to imagine.

Just like LEGO started out, with a few bricks, but the bricks built just about anything. Then the sets became more and more specialized, and more and more custom parts were added. Now, a third of the LEGO pieces can only be used for one purpose. Which limits freedoms so much, that most of the creativity goes with it.

No, I would not change LM’s product line, nor focus it to make a ‘living’ thing. However, thats Jim’s call, not mine 8)

How about a “Battle Walker”?

Thats not a “living” thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just voted ‘Other’ … Mainly because I am new to this and my first project was based on the a4wd1 base because I just saw it and thought ’ I can do so much with that ’ :slight_smile:

What I mean is that as a newbie I just find sooo much inspiration in what they produce it really gives me ideas. For me not too simple and not too complicated. Also the forum is great :slight_smile:

If I had to go one product I would like to see is a wheel hub with a motor built in ( like mars rover type ) … Would love to play with a Hexapod with wheels :slight_smile:

All the best.

Richard

Well more then anything i would just like to enjoy seeing new different types of brackets that can be applied to humanoids, etc. New controllers would also be awesome. After all, the SES is one of lynxmotions main advantages.

I was lucky enough to see Aibo in person…errrrr robot. Ive seen him in two Mcmaster Fireball shows heald at my school, actually saw him last weekend. :smiley:

Hah! I got to program the Aibos as one of my college classes…

Although I think half of the dogs in class had droopy neck syndrome after that, cause some people can’t learn to boundary check their code!

yeah…I’d say the Aibo they had was well used since it was missing an ear and the tail didn’t move like it should. Overall it was a very smart dog and there was soo much that could be done with them. I wish they had more interest and didn’t have to go out of production. :frowning:

I get the feeling that the Aibo and to some extent the Qrio is a marketing experiment from Sony.

I agree 100% Perhaps more brackes that offer more flexible configurations, but thats about it. It really should be up to the builder what he/she wants to create.

How about a cool Robot snake!
youtube.com/watch?v=T62E-_pQt3c

As seen on:
gizmodo.com/364630/robot-snakes- … -out-of-me

How are those sequences controlled! :open_mouth:

I think saw that snake on a show one time! Its really fast too just like a real snake.

salut ,moi je verrai bien un centaure ,ce personnage de legende grec mi-homme mi-chevale avec la SSC32 c est possible ,histoire de tirer le maximum des capacite de la carte ,soit 4 servos par jambes + 2 pour la rotation du tronc humain + 3 a 5 par bras + 1 pour simuler une tète soit un minimum de 25 a 29 servos ET si on veux utiliser les 32 sorties on rajoute 1 de plus au mouvement de la tète + 2 au centre du corp du cheval pour pouvoir faire des figures que ferait un vrai , sa ce serait vraiment tres tres impressionnant et totalement nouveau ,personne ne peut si attendre ,et lynxmotion et le seul fournisseur a vendre une carte permettant ce genre de projet ,sa pourrai etre un bon coup de pub face a la concurrence

yeah lynxmotion could make some aibo predecessors! :laughing: , but for me i like most the feline-shaped bots :slight_smile:

A snake would be really awesome. add it to your poll, i’ll bet tons of people would vote it. :wink:

A Centaur you say! That would be quite a project! Some are working on quadrapeds, which with enough joints would cover the horse, but the trunk, head and arms of the man-part would be a real challenge! That’s quite a bit of mass, and it’s not used to support the 'bot. But look at the arms of the bipeds listed here, and graft that onto a quad base. Yes, the SSC32 could certainly handle it. Might want to step up in processor control, 'tho. Especially if you intend to program it in C.

Are you also suggesting a servo in the center of the body of the horse to aid in COG? that’s an interesting thought!

It certainly would be impressive, nothing that the competition would have, as you’ve observed.

Lynxmotion would make the plans available, no doubt for free!

But as for me, I’d like to see a CAT (quad) project.

Alan KM6VV
(working on a Micromouse presently) I’ve designed some new motor mounts for the GHM-16 gear motors for my 'mouse.

How about a Bat or Pterodactyl