8 legged Servo Controller

I’m looking to get my project going. I have built my walker now I need to get the electronics.
I was looking at SSC-32U USB, BotBoarduino, Sony PS2 controller and 24 servos (3 per leg). So my question is will I need any thing else?
I see that the SSC-32 has a built-in 12 Servo Hexapod Gait Sequencer will work moving 24 servos at the same time?
Any information would great.

Nah, the 12 servo sequencer is just for a 12 DOF hexapod.

Alan KM6VV

Lots of programming :slight_smile: The Lynxmotion community was largely responsible for the creation and optimization of the walking gaits used on Lynxmotion robots (thank you all ones again, you know who you are).
The most complex walking robot we carry is the 24DoF T-Hex (hexapod with 4DoF per leg). We currently do not carry any octopod robots, so you’ll need to develop a walking gait.

So would it possible taking the perimeters from a hexapod with 3DoF per leg and apply them to my Octopod with 3DoF?

If I remember, the Phoenix code has variables to allow changing the number of legs and joints. You’ll probably have to add the additional entries into the gait tables.

For a quad, we do just the opposite and take stuff out!

Alan KM6VV

Thanks everyone,

Now I need to figure out what kind of servos to get.

New question? Is there any way to get feed back (load) from the servo’s?
My walker will have 4 legs on the ground and would like them share even amount of load when walking on uneven ground.