3 Pin Adapter - Lynxmotion Smart Servo (LSS) Motor - High Torque (HT1)

I am looking to use a cadence(magnetic sensor) as an input to control the Lynxmotion Smart Servo (LSS) Motor. My end goal is the have the magnetic sensor look for rotation on a pulley(disc) and if found then it will kick on the motor. This would be similar to pedal assist on an e-bike but instead on a pulley device. From what I have seen, most of the magnetic sensors have 3-Pin JST male adapter. Can anyone recommend an adapter/board that would work to not only connect the device but allow for configuration?

Electric Bike 3 Pin JST-SM PAS 12 Magnet Pedal Assist Speed Sensor Ebike Clip On

@Brinclhof Welcome to the RobotShop Community.

The wheel seems to simply have magnets which would send a High/Low signal. If the output signal is 5V digital, you can use the LSS-2IO:

Note that I cannot spot the input voltage either.

This is a programmable microcontroller board which is compatible with the Lynxmotion SES V2 / LSS system. Note that you’d have to program it to read the sensor data and take appropriate action (as you wrote “allow for configuration”).

You’d need to look up the pin spacing of a JST-SM connector, but if it’s 0.1" standard, you can use normal cables to connect it to the LSS-2IO.

You’d tear off three wires pins (like string cheese) since you don’t need all 20.

Again, there are a lot of assumptions here which you need to confirm before making any connections.