17 Year-old programs a robot to teach itself to walk!

IMG_20151231_020611_2.jpg (619635Bytes)

Hi everyone! 

My name is Gregory, but you can call me Greg. I am a 17 year-old high school student who is building a very interesting robot(I am also doing all of the designing and prototyping. I am building a six-legged robot, called a "hexapod", that is able to teach itself to walk.

Pretty soon, I will be hosting a kickstarter, in order to raise money, so that I will be able to begin development of commercially available versions, and increase the capabilities of the robot, to those that I am held back from, due to the cost for an initial push. I would like to make this robot ocean safe, one day. I would also like to see my hexapod on the battlefield.

Please check out my website, and let me know what you think, and make sure to keep an eye on my site, as I try to post every other day, at least. I will also be mentioning the kickstarter, and how close I am to "go-live".

NOTE: in the future, I will be producing circuit boards that I designed, with origional intentions being in the use of my hexapod, but they will be compatible with DYNAMIXEL motor control, the Intel Edison, and even serial communication to digital servo motors(like DYNAMIXEL motors) and hobby servos. If the Kickstarter is successful, I will also start getting things ready to release as open source.

earl-tech.com