12V Dry contact common-anode, 4 gang switch, on/off, activating 12v loads <6Amps

I have attached the electrical diagrams sent by the supplier and my loads:

Apologies as this is not exactly Robot related but it is related to automation :slight_smile: Any help welcomed for this novice.

I am building a 12v circuit in a campervan and I sourced and bought some 12V Dry contact common-anode, 4 gang, switches from a supplier in China. I stupidly thought they would behave like a on-off physical switch (like a toggle) but they only send a signal which does not remain on so I can’t power a typical automotive relay switch.

I have four, 4-gang, switches and they will control relay circuits of 12v only with max 6amps:

Therefore my research has lead me to your site and this device: 4-Channel Relay Module

Considering the loads and the electric diagrams any tips on how to use my new switches.

Hi RoryJ,

Without going deep in your setup, using a Relay might not be the best option for your needs.
When doing a Camper the consumption is generally a concern and relays require the internal magnet to be ON all the time when triggered which draw more than a regular On/Off switch.

Why do you want/need to go through relays instead of bare switches ?

All the best,

Thank you DialFonzo, Kind of you to reply. The reason for the question is I bought switchs that are used in hotels (look great) which send signals (triggers) rather than a regular on/off physical switch. I did find a solution which works with a diode that was need to prevent reverse current: DC 6V-24V 4CH Flip-Flop Latch Relay Module Bistable Self-locking Electronic | eBay

These relays are latched so they remain on or off when triggers. Clever stuff.

1 Like