08M motordriver and power supply board

08M_motor_board.zip (4014Bytes)

08M_motorboard_2.jpg

After a few weeks of waiting, my PCBs have arrived. I just soldered the components on the first one and it works like a charm. I had to drill out the holes for the resistors a bit and then solder the resistors on both sides of the board to get a good connection, but hey: this was also my first shot at having a PCB made and it works. Next time I’ll be more careful checking out the dimensions in diptrace.

The board is basically the same as the 08M motor driver board from picaxe, but this one has a voltregulator with the proper caps. It takes 7.2V for the motor and uses a regulated 5V for the picaxe 08M. 

The picaxe can be programmed by connecting a serial jack to J1 (top-right of the board) I stopped adding those jack connectors to my boards because they take up a lot of space. 

J2 is used for connecting this board to another one. From left to right the pins are connected to Gnd, 5V and pin3 of the picaxe. This connector can be used to provide another board with a regulated 5V and control the motors with a single pin serial line.

The next version of this board will have properly sized holes and solder pads for the resistors and will possibly have more connectors for 5V and Gnd to provide other boards with regulated power and a 6V unregulated output (using 2 diodes) to provide power for servos

08M_motorboard_1.jpg

Just look at it! so small and pretty.

where?

This is really neat! 

Where can you make these custom pcbs?

I really like how you were able to put labels onto the board.