Yellow light solid and then blinking red

Hi! That is a good idea. To bypass I just disconnect the safety switch? I uploaded a picture of the safety switch I found in Robotshop site, which isn’t the one that came in our machine.

1 Like

Yes, try to disconnect it.

What switch is there in your machine?

Can you take a photo?

Thank you.

Ok. Here is the original switch. I tried with the cat sensor one and the new one that I bought in the recent past. They fit there perfectly. I will unplug it and test and will let you know. This pic comes from the little
video I sent previously. Let me know if you need another angle.

Thank you!

1 Like

Sorry, no pics are attached :slight_smile:

Oops!

Should open now:

1 Like

Hi,

I unplugged the safety switch and tested: no change.
Then I unplugged the cat switch: no change.
I then used the new cat switch and the new circuitboard and nothing changed.

I noticed, from a close look, that the “new” circuitboard seems to be a used one that was repackaged and sold (there is some discreet signs of dirt). My guess now is that the circuitboard is the culprit because once without sensors it still shows the yellow light and then goes to blinking red.

I don’t think that the problem comes from the harness, the sensors, the engine, the power switch or the power cord. We tested them all and several times.

Is there a way to exchange the circuitboard for a new new one? Thank you!

Hi @marioflecha ,

But did you actually replaced safety line switch itself? I mean, the black circuit breaker?

Hi, yes, I did replace it with the new switch I previously bought hoping that the problem was the cat sensor. I tested also with the original cat sensor switch and none of them resolved the problem. I replaced every component and tested the various possibilities. The problem never changes even when I unplug the cat sensor and the safety sensor. I tested with an equivalent power cord and we ruled out the power switch and the power cord, the new sensor harness we checked and the connections appear to be correct; I tested with a new engine and nothing changed (I was able to return it and get some refund). I think that the problem is in the circuit boards (the original and the new one have the same problem; I was unlucky enough to get a new one with the same problem).
Because energy is flowing through all the components, when I disconnect the sensors the problem stays the same and, by elimination, it leads me to think that the circuitboard is the problem and the new one has the same problem. I believe that it is a refurbished one because at a close look I noticed some signs of use (some stain and dust). I can’t see any other component being the problem after all the tests and combinations tried. What do you think? Should I try to ask for a replacement circuitboard based on what we’ve tested? I spent some dollars on these parts and I’d like to try one more time with a confirmed to be working circuitboard, but I’d appreciate your expert thoughts on this.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi again. I am still not convinced that main circuit board is the problem. What are the odds that both circuit boards are defective in the same way?

Anyway, can you compare old cat sensor switch and old safety line switch? Are they exactly the same? Can you take some photos of these?

Thank you.

Hi, I had the same thought and will send the pictures of the three sensors: the original, the new, and the safety one. The problem with the safety one is that it is not in the Robotshop catalogue, only the cat sensor one. The new and the original cat sensors are the same, just the colour is different (original is white and new is black). The safety one is from a different brand but looks the same (at lest the other two fit perfectly in the same spot and the connectors are the same. I tested with the cat sensors by replacing the safety one with them (2 tests) and nothing changed. So, if the safety sensor is the problem Robotshop doesn’t have it (at least not with the same description). What Robotshop has is a little metal plate that would have the wires of the safety sensor plugged directly to the plate, which is different from what I have (I sent pictures of the metal plate and the safety sensor that came with our Litter-Robot. This why I am going back to the circuitboard. I will take the pictures and send to you. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Hi there, here are the photos. The original cat sensor (white) and the new cat sensor (black) are manufactured by Cherry. The original safety sensor (black with the red switch pin) is manufactured by Omron.

The last time I tested I removed the cat and safety sensors and the circuitboard was still going to yellow and then blinking red. The engine always makes a small movement when energized. The harness is new and, previously, I sent the photos and videos showing how things are connected (I followed the instructions carefully). I replaced the safety sensor and tested with both the other sensors and nothing changed. It might be uncommon but it is possible that, unluckily, I bought a defective new circuitboard with the same problem. I don’t think that the problem resides in the sensors but your eyes are more experienced than mine. I need to determine if it makes sense to try to have Robotshop replace the circuitboard or f I buy a new Litter-robot (I hope not). We will be away for 3 months, starting in December, and the litter-robot will reduce substantially the need to have somebody coming everyday to clean the litter box. We now have just one cat and she is small . Please, advise.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you for the photos.

These three switches are essentially the same.

It could be possible that safety line switch is not giving the correct output. You should test it with multimeter. Or maybe try to use old white cat switch instead of it.

1 Like

I tested the replacement of the safety sensor (more than once) with both cat sensors and the problem remains.

1 Like

OK, maybe we can look to replace the circuit board. What is your order ID for the replacement board? Thank you.

1 Like

Good day,

Thank you. Here is the order. It was bought through my wife’s account. Order#700158923

What is the procedure to follow?

Thank you!
1 Like

Hi @marioflecha ,

I can open an internal ticket for the exchange of the circuit board.

Can you please give the serial number of the robot?

Is shipping address still the same as on this order from your wife’s account?

Thank you.

Hi,

Address confirmed.

Thank you!

The serial#:

1 Like

Thank you.

You will be contacted via email.

Thank you so much ,

Let’s hope that we got it. We tested a lot of situations and, unless there is something very subtle, the circuitboard is the one that emerged.

Cheers!

1 Like

Cheers! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: