Would anyone like a HAND? ^_^

Especially if you make them use real weapons :imp: :smiling_imp:

How IS your gun comming by the way?

Could it be picked up?

I’ll pop into your thread…

I will be waiting to see it when you are finished.

Hey these would look pretty cool on your BRAT project.

Perhaps I could model them in silver to match that bitchen’ skull…

Updated version:

i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd10 … 8_0910.jpg

i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd10 … 8_0909.jpg

s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd10 … 8_1016.flv

Its shown in the pictures next to the forearm braket of a Robonova-1 for size comaprison. This version is just the skeleton. I mean to flesh it ouut a bit more and make the movements a bit more fluid. I don’t know if I’ll add this one to my RN as it seems to be a bit large.

I may just post a few assembly pictures so that you could make your own instead of bothering with a kit.

What do you think of this newest version so far?

Wow! Impressive work you have done. I would realy like to see it attached to 5 independent servos.

Cool!

Thank you!

I believe that the hand will have a maximum of three for this application.

One for the Thumb, one for the Forefinger and one for the other three.

Later when a more compact linier actuator is utilized I may go with more DOF but for now space, weight and monies retrict me a bit.

Thank you for leaving your thoughts it is immensly encouraging to find some interest in this project.

uhhh, awsome. :laughing: :wink: That looks sooo good. They movement are real fluid, but im sure you could tweek that a bit if you really wanted to.

Thank you very much Italian_guy299,

Here is a Video of it actually gripping something(s):

s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd10 … 8_1417.flv

What kind of tweaking are to thinking of?

Well what Im am curious about doing with something like this would be to see if I can control each finger individually, so it could (for example) perform the peace sign ect.

Each digit has its own control line so it is entirely possible to do just that.

You just have to set aside the room/recources on your machine for the extra servos.

Ahh, I thought they were all connected to one string. that is pretty cool than. One could use micro servos to do just that.

Exactly,

Now I have to find out which leads on the variety of servos I posses must be switched about to properly match the Hitec controller.

I tweaked the thumb around to bring it further into oppostion to the finger and the hand grips even better. So, excited as I was, I proceeded to mount it at the end of RN-1s arm and he looks like a cartoon:

i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd10 … 8_1844.jpg

I am going to make a smaller, stronger, faster… version.

Wee

:slight_smile:

you should check this out!!!

Considered to be the most advanced Dextrous Hand in the world!
The Shadow Hand is the closest robot Hand to the human Hand available. It provides 24 movements, allowing a direct mapping from a human to the robot.

The Shadow Hand has integrated sensing and position control, allowing precise control from off-board computers, or integration into your existing robot platform.

The Shadow Hand contains an integrated bank of 40 Air Muscles which make it move. The muscles are compliant, which allows the Hand to be used around soft or fragile objects.

The Shadow Hand can be fitted with touch sensing on the fingertips, offering sensitivity sufficient to detect a single small coin.
img532.imageshack.us/my.php?imag … andji5.flv

The Shadow Groups project comes up eventually in all of the forums I’ve posted this project on.

While their hand is a marvel of enegineering it alone occupies more space than three Robonovas. It is prohibitivly expensive and IMHO the pnumatic muscles are extremely problematic control wise. I’d love to work with those kind of resources and be free to create along with minds like theirs.

I think actuators like the ones they use will move robotics in very interesting directions as the overall packaging of the system is streamlined.

Your hand is looking fantastic. While individual movement would be ideal, I’m prepared to sacrifice it so that I can grip with a single servo. I’m interested in making my own biped that resembles the Sony QRIO (I’m modeling the general form in CAD and will have it printed via a rapid-prototyping service bureau). I’m planning on using Vstone’s RB2000 as a base for servos and controller board (supports up to 30 servos).

I’m going to need a pair of hands like the ones you’ve designed. Would you be willing to post some technical drawings (or better photos) so that I could learn from what you are doing? I get the general idea but it would be nice to see where exactly the cords are pulling on the fingers. The hands I plan on designing should work roughly the same way as yours but hopefully smaller as I don’t think each digit needs to be quite as long.

not servos u can take nitinol wires!
for this aplication is it much better.