Why won't my phone charge?

Victory!

So I finally decided that all my previous testing was invalid. I did not have the 3310 with me and the chargers were all designed for 230V AC in. Except for one car charger that was not designed for Nokias. I corrected that todayat the expense of 13 euro. After a brief test in my car, I cracked the charger and found very little room for adding components or connectors.

But then I noticed I had a female connector I could fit in the "nose" if I would remove the shiny pin. Now it connects to one of the many convertor cables that come with the solar panel.

nokia_inlab.jpg

Here is the proof. It works! No need for bright direct sun light. Overcast is fine. Behind a window is fine. Batterij wordt opgeladen! Even if the solar panel outputs about 7-8 Volts, it will start working. Once busy charging you can even take the panel indoors and the charging will continue even if the produced voltage drops under 7 V. I reckon the Nokia charger halts at 6 or 5 V.

Whoopee. Or not? I consider this not a neat hack, but cheating. I don't really care about that. It comes with working to deadlines. Deadlines kill creativity. So stop hurrying me on those legs dammit!!!

I think it’s a good hack, I
I think it’s a good hack, I mean it works, don’t it? Shows a quick easy way to get a solar panel charging something that can be a bit finicky.