What did you get from Sparkfun's Free Day?

From my SFE email: You chose

From my SFE email: 

You chose to gamble with the quiz questions. You attempted 0 questions. Unfortunately, you didn’t win any money this time around.

My first question wouldn’t load. Feel sorry for anyone who actually studied questions thinking they had a shot (I didn’t). I will be at one year in three days :frowning: oh well, at least other people had success

Same thing here.

Same thing here.

$20 on loyalty as well.

$20 on loyalty as well. Didn’t want to risk the attempt at the quiz seeing as the site was so flaky…

I agree with tinhead, If i

I agree with tinhead, If i had actually had the opportunity to participate in free day and then failed, I wouldnt be so annoyed. But I didnt even get that because the stupid page wouldnt load.

Nothing. I skipped the

Nothing. I skipped the frustration and got a good nights sleep.

The 1st time i was

The 1st time i was excited…

The 2nd time i was skeptical…

Next time, well you can only cry “free stuff” so many times before i stop believing.  

Whattup with the 7?

I thought every $ numbe would end with a zero (unfortunately many start with that also)…

They probably deducted $3

They probably deducted $3 for a bad answer.

Sounds like a pretty awesome JOURNEY…

I hope you now all have “Don’t Stop Beliving” stuck in your heads too…

A thought about Free Day

A thought about Free Day that may explain some things (but this is just a guess)… 

If you wanted to confirm that the equipment you spent a lot of money on is necessary, do you start the test with it all on?

Or do you start with some of it turned off or disabled so that you can clearly see what it does for you when you turn it on?

The company I work for has a few network devices that they were pretty much scared into buying and are now maintaining at a fairly significant cost. I would be willing to bet that at least a couple aren’t doing a darn thing for us. Well, they do something, but I think we would have adequate bandwidth and protection without them.

Yep. I had to answer

Yep. I had to answer questions at the speed of light because in the last few minutes pages loaded quite quickly and because of that money was going away so quickly. Probably misread something or just made some bad calculations. :slight_smile:

After a long wait, I manged

After a long wait, I manged to get $20