The G_Bot

Does he literally always

Does he literally always turn left when you expect him to go right and vice versa? Is it possible that you simply have the motors connected backwards compared to the code you borrowed from fritsl?

Try a simple program to turn first the right wheel forward for 5 seconds, then the left wheel forward for 5 seconds. Then confirm both wheels backwards as well. Just to be sure everything is connected as expected.

If you find it is not connected as you thought, either correct the code or the connections, whichever is easier!

No,The first thing I did was

No,

The first thing I did was make sure worward was forward and back was back on both wheels.

He runs forward and does stop when he sees something.

I notice though that if I create a corner infront of him that is positivley more to one side, He stops, looks around but then does not take the best path.

I will check it out tonight. Right now I dont feel to good. Doctor diagnosed 99% that I have H1N1 so please dont lean too close to our monitor when I am online :wink:

Lol

Took me way too long as Far as I am concerned.

I am supposed to be mechanichaly inclined

Well

I’m a programmer but I never really seem to get far enough to actually start doing some REAL AI programming, which is the reason I started this whole robotics adventure in the 1st place. I keep struggling with practical, mechanical and practical problems. Figuring out which parts to get has been a nightmare. Obtaining the actual parts have been even worse and putting them together well…hotdamn :confused:

Anyway since I discovered the wonders of double sided sticky tape things have changed somewhat. From now on I’ll choose the EASY way so I can start programming ASAP :smiley:

Anyway being mechanichaly inclined is definately NOT the worst thing to be in this business :wink:

Out of Bed

So I am out of bed now and back to foolin with robots.

Well actually I just added some photos to my site and updated the parts used page.

Anyone interested can see them at www.izars.com/robo

Is there one of you that has a basic start here robot who has used the GP2D12 sensor.
I would like to see the program you are using to compare with mine as I am trying to figure why the G_Bot seems to be turning the wrong way.

Hi there.

Nice work on the robot so far.

Would it be possible to see a better picture of the Picaxe as it is installed on the robot, the resistor you installed puzzles me.

Keep up the good work!

Resistor

Thanks for noticing my fancy wirework :wink:

goto www.izars.com/robo then click on the link at the top of the page that says view the assembled robot.

That takes you to a page that has a macro image of the board. You will see the insertion poins closely there.

**so thats what the logo kit looks like, **

that works, looks neat

Calibration and constants

Have you checked the datasheet for the sharp sensor? I remember something about a constant being 0.42 for the GP2D120 while it’s 4.0 for the GP2D12. That is for converting the voltage to distance. And have you calibrated your sensor? (again see the datasheet)

:slight_smile:

You can just insert images here

Just click the little icon of a tree in the editor, and insert the url of the picture:

(http://www.izars.com/robo/picaxe-28x1-Assembled.jpg)

->

|x

heh he :confused:

|x

|x

Oh
Now I understand what you did, thanks!

that sounds like a polarity issue

you can fix that by reversing the soldered connections to your motors

nope i don’t think so

As I said above, that was one of the first things i did was to make sure my motors rotate accordin to the start here tutorial.

The g_bot is mobile

but not very inteligent.

I only uploaded this bad video in order to get some feedback on his "Not So Smart" moves.

I have not figured out how to edit his code in order for him to decide which is the best route to take.

He just alternates left and right turns (after looking around) untill he has spun around enough to have a clear view, then moves forward.

I guess I had better RTFM again.

Great to see little g
Great to see little g rolling about at least. Keep up the good work.

Hi

Great work so far!!

Your little G_Bot seems to have the same problem my Peek-E was having, turning toward the object instead of away from it. You may have the lturn and rturn backwards like I did.

If you are using the “Start Here” code, try replacing this subroutine:

’ Decide which is the better way:
if b1<b2 then
gosub body_lturn
else
gosub body_rturn
end if
return

with this one:

’ Decide which is the better way:
if b1<b2 then
gosub body_rturn
else
gosub body_lturn
end if
return

Notice the lturn and rturn are switched. This may be the only minor tweak you need to really get G_Bot going.

Hope that helps!!

Yip

I fugured that out at around 1 am this morning.

When I went to bed I felt like I had achieved my lifes work :slight_smile:

Only difference to your changes was as follows:

gosub lturn ’ look to one side
pause servo_turn ’ wait for the servo to be finished turning
readadc 1, b1 <<------------------------------------------------------------- I CHANGED THIS TO B2
gosub totalhalt
’ Look the other way:
gosub rturn ’ look to another side
pause servo_turn ’ wait for the servo to be finished turning
readadc 1, b2 <<------------------------------------------------------------- I CHANGED THIS TO B1

Rebuild

Ok so I have gotten to the stage where I managed to assemble the G_Bot and get it working.

As you can see the G_Bot is now back in the garage and a total rebuild is on the menu.

His general appearance is going to be improved and a few minor additions added.

make sure to practise the resize trick

faq_shrink_persp.png