The Best Gosh-Darn Android-Based Robot Controller

I am curious now…

In a comment above, I said something like, “(with out sarcasm) I would like to see you try the other ones”… Well, I really would!

Here’s the real truth of the matter --I have no idea if my system is better than the others out there…    …And this is because I couldn’t figure out any of the other systems! Maybe I didn’t put in enough leg-work here. Maybe I gave up too soon. Maybe I missed an obvious link that told me how to do everything. What ever the case, none of them worked with the way my brain works. I got all of them working to one degree or another, but none ever did what I wanted or actually “drove” my robot around. Add to that, the fact that OF COURSE I can figure out my own! --I wrote the darn thing! The point is, I am biased.

Open question: Has anyone tried any of the others? Has anyone used say, Cellbots, and can tell me of their experience? If anyone has, or wants to, PLEASE contact me! I will be more than happy to send you a free copy of the my app for testing. --Actually, on that note, if anyone contacts me period and tells me the are a LMR homie, I would be happy to send you a copy.

I will put my system back-to-back with anything out there. Not because I think mine is so super-duper, but man, I really do want to know how it compares!

Rover controlled by RocketBot

Hi All, This is our Rover controlled by RocketBot.

Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeP8vU1Uoww

Nice. How do you like the

Nice. How do you like the controller?

I like it a lot!

Chris defintely throught through how one might use this from a practical perspective and I really like the Aux functions as I also want to tell the robot when to take a way point fix for localization. 

A new world

I think you are opening the door for many applications I would like to make a similar iphone app, but need to learn objective C

I’m only new but wanted to say well done to everyone planning to develop applications in the mining industry where we can move a person from a dangerous job to allow an operator to remotely control the task at hand

I’m looking forward to seeing more of your cutting edge high tech effort

Do you have the list of

Do you have the list of configuration parameters for the bluesmirf-module that actually works(think the problem lies here)? I have problems getting the app to work with bluesmirf silver and HTC sensation. I can pair it with the phone but when i hit the connect button(in the app) i get a message saying the device may not be turned on.