Sum of moments

I don’t know if anyone here can help me out but I have a question about calculating the sum of moments.
or in this how much weight is where, point A, B, C, D. I have attached a zip file containing a dxf file. This has the diagram (drawing) of my situation, I think I have included all the data needed.
Back in '05 I had an engineer look at something similar, and he answered the question presented to him, and drew a sketch, well I managed to lose that sketch.
The particular weight is at point D, it has to be well below a given value, so as to not bend the axle.
If I had an equation I could fuind out for myself but I don’t have an equation.

Maybe what I need is a weight distribution equation, I am not sure, All I really need to know is how much weight will be on point D. I need this info because I need to spec the weight on the front axle(s), so I can select the right wheel motor for the job.

What you’re looking for is the sum of the static forces on the front axle; depending on where your weights are located you’re looking at likely a force load and moment loads in up to 2 axes.

Cbenson’s formula above is correct and can be used to determine the forces on your axle. However don’t forget that this is a static exercise, not dynamic! It will not take into account forces acting upon the axle due to driving the axle [with a motor].

Ryan Barnes, E.I.T.

Hi TSPCO,

The file contained in the ZIP document is a .dxf file. Perhaps to make it more accessible, you can include images with text? Are you looking to calculate the moments of inertia about a point in 2D? The fundamental equation for calculating the moment of inertia is:

I: moment of inertia
m: each mass
r: distance between that mass and the point
N: total number of masses

If this is not quite what you are looking for, can you clarify? Note that the equation changes for different types of objects and cross-sections.

Ref: Wikipedia: Moment of Inertia