Send your robot to Maker Faire

PM sent. Thanks a

PM sent. Thanks a ton!

Regarding the transformer, I can supply one. What do you mean by ‘DC or AC output’? 

In my PM, I mistakenly thought we were talking about H.E.A.N.D, but RoboDoc will be very welcome at Maker Faire instead. He’s awesome!

The output of your wall

The output of your wall transformer can be DC (Direct Current) or AC (Alternating Current). The internal power supply circuit of my robot can handle both. The output voltage of your wall transformer just should be >9V that the 7805 of my internal power supply works properly and the output current should be >450mA that enough current is supplied to the robot. The data should be mentioned on the rating label of your wall transformer.

Got it. No problem.

Got it. No problem.

Thanks, IG.

The output voltage of your wall transformer should not be more than 15-20 V though. I took the robot this morning to work and we measured the heartbeat rate of the staff. Unfortunately we used a power supply with an output of 24 V and we blow up the input capacitor of the internal power supply of the robot (I had used a 1000 uF/16 V). I just replaced the cap by a 35 V type. So will send out the robot tomorrow :slight_smile:

No problem. I can use a 12V

No problem. I can use a 12V transformer, which should provide plenty of margin for your power supply.

Please PM me any tracking info when you ship the robot. 

You’re putting me on the

You’re putting me on the spot here ignoblegnome. But no I will probably not print you a copy, -sorry.
But if you still want me to send you the robot I would need an address.
Regards
Geir

Ack. Near miss. RoboDoc was

Ack. Near miss.

RoboDoc was within 1 mile of my house, but due to a road closure, they are going to deliver tomorrow.

Chris is printing off a

Chris is printing off a couple of Geir’s TBT robots!

Did you read Chris’ reply?

Didn’t mean to put you on the spot.

Did you read Chris’ reply? He’ll have a 3D printer at the faire, and has offered to print up on of your timing belt tanks for me. So probably no need to ship.

This is so great !!

I must admit that it makes me rater proud when I see Chris printing my TBT design. It looks like it’s coming together nicely.
Thanks for sharing!

Yes it is. Chris decided to

Yes it is. Chris decided to adjust the wheels a bit to fit the more common 608 sized bearings (we both have a pile of them available). I think the belts will have to be a bit longer too.

I can’t wait to get my TBT! Thanks for creating it.

Wow, got this post probably

Wow, got this post probably too late.

IG, please send me the address where I can send the LMR banner to.

Is there still time?

Two and a half weeks to go

Two and a half weeks to go to Maker Faire. Any last minute submissions? 

Trying trying

I’ve been making adjustments/modifications to Hexaspider hoping to send it to The Big City. Then I dropped it last night. Most of the legs are compromised now. I’m going to try to affect a quick but solid fix for the anticipated adventure.

IG, in time for MF or not, I

IG, in time for MF or not, I think I’ll send you my LineIronBot as I’m preparing to move and have to leave behind lots of stuff that I won’t be able to take with me pretty soon. Could you PM me your postal address please? :slight_smile:

Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch,

Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch!

Damnations

Figured I’d make a coutesy post. So I fixed the new legs and then broke the IR cable. I fixed the cable but pulled the main capacitor out of one of its holes. At some point while futzing around the left whisker developed a permashort. While desoldering the suspect connector I pulled both copper traces off the board.

I finally killed Hexy.

In reality I’ll redo the PCB, cleaner and neater, but this will not happen in time for the MF.

Just thought I’d let you know not to wait up for my hexapod :frowning:

Wow, that’s quite a series

Wow, that’s quite a series of unfortunate incidents!

No problem, JAX. Gotta save some cool stuff for next year. ; j