RS4 - Self balancing Raspberry Pi image processing Robot

Nice job with the

Nice job with the instructions by Signs :slight_smile:

arduino for the balancing part?

hey, i’m thinking about building your bot. however, i want to do the lower part as arduino. i got myself stepper motor shields with motors and a shield with a combined gyro / accelerometer. i could imagine that the kalman filter then is already implemented in that shield? do yo think arduino is fast enough todo the balancing? 

secondly, do you have any starting points on the openCV on raspberry pi? did you write the whole code yourself, did you have to compile opencv for raspberry pi yourself?

great inspiring work!

Hello, I really don’t know

Hello,

I really don’t know about the arduino question, you have to ask someone who knows it better than me.

I don’t think that your gyro/accelerometer shield has kalman filter implemented, you will have to do it your self. You can use a complementary filter too.

You can find the answer to the OpenCV in this post, just read it carefully.

Good work :slight_smile:

Very cool

I’ve just watched your ‘update 2’ video with the robot reading signs, before finally searching for the ball, and it’s absolutely fantastic. Very nice movement, and your robot has really got personality. :slight_smile: Best of luck with this, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Well done

Fantastic work on the robot. I am interested in adding the camera and open cv to my Raspberry Pi project and you have provided an excellent example to follow and very detailed instructions!

Raspberry PI

Hola, muy sorprendido con tu trabajo, te escribo para felicitarte. enserio me sorprendio mucho tu trabajo y muchos mas que hay por aqui, espero exponer my pronto mi robot de Tesis. Gracias y saludos.

HelloThank you for your

Hello

Thank you for your positive feedback. Please try  to write in english. Good luck for your robot :slight_smile:

Great!

This has to be one of my favourite robots yet. Very well implemented, well done!

Raspberry Pi image processing

Hey Samy,

I’m trying to do a related project with the raspberry pi but I’m having trouble with the image processing. In the video you linked, the guy explains how to dev with openCV Visual C++, how did you get this to work on the pi?

** HelloI usualy develop my**

Hello

I usualy develop my OpenCV routines in my PC, then when I have something working properly Ican use the same code and compile it in the Pi. If you are in the first steps with OpenCV I recomend that you install it in your PC and try some tutorials. Then I recomend this link http://thinkrpi.wordpress.com/, here you can find detailed instructions to install OpenCV in the Pi.

Quite impressive

I love the work.   Most impressive.  I’m sure its been said before, but I had to say it anyway.

Regards,

Martin

I am working on a balancer

I am working on a balancer robot so I googled for similar ones on LMR and look what I find.

I don’t think it gets any better than this! Forget about just balancing the robot; it’s following lines and tracking objects at the same time. Amazing stuff Samy! Lots of sweeet coding and processing and everything!.

Awesome Robot!

Very nice build, very robust and with some very clever solutions to common problems.

I’m looking to do something similar since I had some RepRap Steppers lying arround. I purchased the Traxxas Hubs but they have the pins inserted in the small screws. My question is, how did you separated them? or when you bought them they were separated?

Again, congratulations in building an awesome Robot.

Got mine working

I finally got some spare time to put mine together.  However, I decided to installed an Android device on the robot and use its synthetic sensor to control the balance. Here you can see the preliminary result:

http://youtu.be/xtMCmuR8uNU

I want one

Samy GREAT JOB !!!
Do you plan sell this Robot, or maybe all diagrams and code ? What do you think in put all your work in a book about robots?

Amazing this robot !!!

opencv code

Hi, please, how you solve problem about code. How you put code from openCV and code from robot driving together? :slight_smile:

Awesome work, very inspirational!

Hi Samuel,

Thank you for sharing this awesome creation with all of us! I’m building an RPi operated robot pet myself, and I find your RS4 very inspirational. I think I might borrow some ideas, especially regarding the robot vision features that you created. Is it ok with you if I feature this project on my blog?

Cheers,

Matthijs

Hi Matthijs, Thank you and

Hi Matthijs,

Thank you and yes, you can feature the project on your blog.

Good luck for your project.

Best,

Samuel

micro controller code

Hey samuel, I wonder if you can share the code you uploaded to your microcontroller.

Many thanks Alex.