Rover 5 with PIC 16f887 using mikroC and OSA RTOS

Robotic Operation Unit with Learning envIroment System ( ROULIS ).

this is my first Rover 5 Autonomous Robot with PIC 16F887 using mikroC and OSA RTOS.The idea is that the robot will scan my appartment and create and store a map of it in internal eeprom.im using an ultrasonic sensor for that mounted on a servo.there are only 3 possible direction (yet) servo can turn (forward,left,right).all scanner readings update the map by reference to his position.

Features & Errors
1. RF Communication with my PC using 2 RF-Link pairs (434Mhz & 315Mhz) (Working on it)
2. Dynamic Wavefront mapping algorithm.(working on it )
3 Some minor fixes with movement (Encoder disk read-errors)
4. 16f887 internal eeprom can holds up to 180 square meters ( Done )
5. More to come...

photos

Navigate around via ultrasonic and create a map

• CPU: PIC16F887
  • Power source: 8 1.2v Ni-MH 2000Mah (9.6v)
  • Programming language: microC
  • Sensors / input devices: Ultrasonic sensors
  • Target environment: indoors

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/rover-5-with-pic-16f887-using-mikroc-and-osa-rtos

i had set a "minimun

i had set a “minimun distance” of 15cm. when robot find an object closer than this distance it will stop and make one scan to left and one to right.comparing this 2 reading it will turn 90 degrees (need to fix encoder readings…) on the side with the bigger reading. it will do it well some times but a lot of them it is confused and looks like idiot :D. i had order a 9DOF sensor and i hope i solve all this problems…

ty for your suggestion

i have the same rover5 with

i have the same rover5 with you.i make 2 pairs of motor (left side & right side).now all motor pull about 0.8A but they sacrifice speed (speed in video is maximum speed). L293 getting a little bit hot but its not too much