Robot litter 3 smells bad

Hi,

I just bought the robot litter 3, however it has a very bad smell from the beginning. I have tried everything. I changed the filter, i washed it many times but the smell doesnt go away. I even change the container now every day and as soon as my cats use it the smell returns. I dont think its the globe. It looks like the smell is coming from the container. Does anyone have a solution or know what the problem is?

Hello @Jiji77,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Litter-Robot.

If the smell is coming from the waste drawer, you might need to check the installation of the plastic bags, maybe the waste slips beneath it or between the globe and the base as well.

Also, you can be using an incompatible litter type.

Please check this:

The Litter-Robot litter sifting system requires a clumping type litter to work properly.

We recommend a high quality clay-based clumping litter such as Litter-Robot™ brand premium clumping litter. Litter beads, and crystals may also be used with the Litter-Robot as long as the beads and crystals are small enough to pass through the screen – periodic changing of this type of litter is required.

Litters that DO NOT work in the Litter-Robot are the strictly absorbent, non-clumping litters, newspaper based litters, loose clumping litters, and absorbent wood-based pellets.

Please let us know if this helped.

Sincerely,

Hi Jiji77,

I had the same experiences and have a solution. I put the Fresh Wave Odor Removal Gel in the drawer, next to where the carbon filter is . no more smell. the 15oz will last about 2 months. Now, I bought a small rectangular plastic container and the refill-version fresh wave odor removal gel. Once the gel get low, I add some into the container. No more smell to from the little robot.
you can get the 15oz gel to give a try. Hope this help

1 Like