Remote control actuator for robot mouth

Hi!

I’m looking to build a skeleton that mouth moves with remote control. I’m thinking I need some sort of RF remote control with an actuator, but I’m pretty new to this, so any help or direction would be nice!

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

There are a few examples how to use Infrared remote control with an(y) arduino. It could control much more than just one thing. Also the jaw could be triggered when someone interupts a hidden light ray.
It’s pretty late to begin such a project without programming- and electronics skills, but doable.
Happy Halloween :skull_and_crossbones:

Hello @masonbpoelker and welcome to the RobotShop community!

There are many different ways to make that but I suggest using a servo motor. To control it there are also tons of options: using a servo controller and an RC remote, using a servo tester (if you use Hitec digital servos) or if you want to control it with Bluetooth or Wifi you could use a microcontroller, that way you could also add other things such a speaker or lights.

However, if you are new to robotics I suggest getting some ready to use parts like the Animatronic Head Kit

But if you want to build it yourself I recommend checking out the How to Make a Robot tutorial series, as well as the Robots section where you can find some cool halloween projects that were made by community members. For example this creepy robot head:

I also suggest checking this topic:

Good luck with your project!

2 Likes