Quab

also, if I used a Sharp

also, if I used a Sharp sensor instead, would I use “readadc” instead of “pulseout/ in”?

Yes

you would change the measure-taking subroutine to have adc instead of pulseout. you’d also want to switch the greater than / less than tests in all the decision-making (for sonar, less = closer).

The alpha counter basically tells it to run through the main loop x number of times before switching directions and “wiggling”. then it resets and starts over again. Basically you can use it as an internal timer to say “when alpha is X, do Y”. Calculon doesn’t know if other bot-makers use the alpha count idea, but they’re calculon’s bread and butter.

awesome thanks!!! JUst one

awesome thanks!!! JUst one more question, calculon. What are the symbols delta, mood and pitch used for? I dont see them anywhere in the rest of the programming. 

outmoded

Then they’re used for nothing. :slight_smile: Mood and pitch were left over from a more complicated program that played music and got frustrated if it had to dodge too many things. Those routines were removed. Delta was similar to alpha, but for lower-level loops. Enjoy!

been a while…

So I scrapped my Dogbot project in favor of making a small friend for my cat. Essentiall it will be a remake of the quab with a shoe string that gets flicked around for the cat to chase. Just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration! Also, I have found the alpha counter to be an awesome addition, thanks for that idea as well!