Our Respective "Workshops"

Depends
Sometimes I don’t find it. Then I just have to use my teeth instead.

My Workshop

workshop.jpg

This is where Edward was created. In case you're wondering where the computer is: I do the computer stuff on my laptop on the couch.

Man, I wish I had the space

Man, I wish I had the space you guys have.

Electronics workbench,

Electronics workbench, a.k.a. dinner table (it’s a good thing I’m not married) :

Machining workbench:

Dan

Ahh yes I remember when I
Ahh yes I remember when I could use the kitchen table and the coffee table as a workbench and leave my things there for weeks… It seems like it was longer than just 3 months ago.

two chairs!

Wow. You have 2 chairs. Who is the second one for then? You have a helper?

O wait. For more tools off course.

In a way I wish I had

In a way I wish I had someone nagging me to get my stuff off the kitchen table, because I’d like to build a second workbench in the garage for the electronics stuff, but it’s hard to get around to doing that when you’ve got this nice flat surface in the house… :slight_smile: But it’d be nice to have somewhere to sit down and have dinner PLUS a nice workbench for soldering, hehe. It would also be nice not to have to go from one end of the house to the other one when I want to switch between soldering and milling.

Dan

Here’s my section of bench

** The fire extinguisher**

The fire extinguisher impresses, and worries, me. What appears to be a test-tag on it reinforces that impression.

Mike

The Office

I managed to acquire the dining room table for the "Office" when my better half decided that we no longer required it. Now I just have to find a space amongst the software / photo / business stuff to make some robots.

The white bag under the table contains about half of the components for "mousey". the remainder were, at the time, in the local post office. They finally arrived today, so we may make some robot progress this weekend.

Mike

My workstation

Depending on how big the project is, I’ll either stay in my room or go to my garage. I have a big project right now, so everything’s in my garage. Here are a couple pictures of my garage right now.

100_3786.jpg

Here's my electronics work station. I have a triple output power supply, a power supply/multimeter/soldering iron station, a computer oscilloscope, and my laptop.

100_3787.jpg

Here's my mechanical workstation. Don't have room for a nice solid table =\ but I put my multi-tool on a little moving platform and I just wheel it out when I need to us it.

Gabe

Bench with quadrature encoder

I was just messing about with a digital compact camera, and took a test shot of my workbench. Then, I realised the it might be good to upload it here, so here it is:

AUT_1401.jpg

The thing clamped in the vice is a mock-up of a quadrature encoder that I'm working on for the Hitari Tumbler robot chassis. The idea is to make an accurate sensor for motor/wheel rotation, and hence get good odometry. I'll fir a couple of IR LED/photodiode units in holes behind that gear. The gear has an encoder disk on the back.

Ok so here’s my workplace,

Ok so here’s my workplace, which is nothing more than my sleepplace.

I discourage anyone to drill or cut with a dremel on your bed unless you like tiny debris around your legs when you sleep :stuck_out_tongue:

Dremel

What’s that blue box think on the side of your Dremel case? I have that case and am sure something should go there, but nothing seems to fit.

Mike

it’s box with some extra

it’s box with some extra tips. it was brundle with the dremel kit i purchased, which was the one just above the basic.

maybe it can also be purchased alone

Siggy Gen
WOW! Is that the Hewlett Packard 3310A Function Generator? Cooool.

Heres my

Heres my electrical/mechanical table. Not much to look at. Sooo envious of other peoples equipment.

Top left of the table is my homemade desktop powersupply in a homemade wooden box. Ctc would cry if he saw it up close :smiley:

In front of that is a pcb with my NiMH charger on it.

This is my software engineering and all round experimenting corner. The cardboard boxes at the bottom are my highly sophisticated component draws.

Here is our work space. I

Here is our work space. I built the bench today. The other half of this room is still empty. I am not finished yet. Just started on everything today. This is a room that is in our basement that we would just store stuff in. I want to paint these walls and add shelves, etc. I am going to make storage space under the bench area.

**it will get messy :slight_smile: **

it will get messy :slight_smile:

that’s it i live in 25

that’s it

i live in 25 m2 room so my workspace have to be pocket size :(