Missing rosdep definitions

Awesome! Glad to know that helped :smiley:

warning: Using load_yaml() directly is deprecated. Use xacro.load_yaml() instead.

As I mentioned before the package was developed for Galactic so some commands might be deprecated for Iron. However, that is just a warning so it will not cause any issues, but feel free to substitute any load_yaml() and xacro.load_yaml() simply to remove the warning :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really sorry to reopen this again @geraldinebc15

I disabled gazebo and am using rviz instead now.
However, something’s changed in my setup and I’m now getting the following error:
(I definitely have catch2 installed using sudo apt install catch2 showing catch2 is already the newest version 2.13.8-1)

colcon build --symlink-install
Starting >>> lss_arm_description
Starting >>> lss_ros2_control
Finished <<< lss_arm_description [0.79s]                                                              
Starting >>> lss_arm_moveit
Finished <<< lss_arm_moveit [0.52s]                                                                  
Starting >>> lss_arm
Finished <<< lss_arm [0.45s]                                                                  
--- stderr: lss_ros2_control                               
Cloning into 'lynxmotion-lss'...
Switched to a new branch 'feature/lss-bus-refactor'
HEAD is now at 06f91e3 changed catch2 tests catch_all.hpp to catch.hpp to match ubuntu catch2 repo headers
CMake Error at tests/CMakeLists.txt:11 (add_executable):
  Target "lss-bus-tests" links to target "Catch2::Catch2WithMain" but the
  target was not found.  Perhaps a find_package() call is missing for an
  IMPORTED target, or an ALIAS target is missing?
CMake Generate step failed.  Build files cannot be regenerated correctly.
gmake[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/lynxmotion-lss.dir/build.make:92: lynxmotion-lss/src/lynxmotion-lss-stamp/lynxmotion-lss-configure] Error 1
gmake[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:139: CMakeFiles/lynxmotion-lss.dir/all] Error 2
gmake: *** [Makefile:146: all] Error 2
---
Failed   <<< lss_ros2_control [10.4s, exited with code 2]

Summary: 3 packages finished [10.6s]
  1 package failed: lss_ros2_control
  1 package had stderr output: lss_ros2_control

Hello @vjmn,

sudo apt install catch2

That’s not how you install catch2, at least not in Galactic. Either way, I updated the repo so the “lss-bus-test” folder doesn’t build by default, you shouldn’t need Catch2 anymore. Please delete the log, build and install folders, and rebuild again.

By the way, could you do me a favor? Please run in your terminal the following command and share the output:

sudo update-alternatives --query gcc

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for this, @geraldinebc15

:**~**$ sudo update-alternatives --query gcc

update-alternatives: error: no alternatives for gcc

:**~**$ which gcc

/usr/bin/gcc

No problem!

Can you also run:

gcc --version

Thanks in advance