MILO

Woww!!

Just signed up to this website and yours was the first project I came across. Needless to say if this is the standard of other project on this site, I have much to catch up (just a beginner).

Thank you for such detailed description of the work and the effort that went into making this robot.

I am sure to be interested in more updates that come from your side. All the very best for future projects too. Once again a very professionally executed project and it deserves a pat on your back.

Inspiring Projects

Rramesh,

If you really want to see inspiring, high quality projects on this site, be sure to check out these other pages:

Dickel’s Amazing MDi #4
Antonb’s PhD project MTR
Unix_Guru’s Mars Rover
Nixon_Files’ Movies come to Life
Steelsquid’s Squidscout

And too many more to list here.
This site has robots on Wheels, Tracks, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 8 Legs, robots that swim, fly and slither.

From all around the world.  You’re going to love it here.

Welcome to LMR!

Very Impressive Robot!

Looks fantastic - thanks for the detailed build thread!

good work, I like your

good work, I like your robot~~

Trully an amazing piece of

Trully an amazing piece of engineering. My hats off to you for the amount of dedication and detail and devotion you have put into this project. You my sir deserve a pat on the back and a steak dinner. Please put a video up when you get a chance. Great job you did.

Thank you for sharing.

Too bad.

Too bad about everything that could go wrong did go wrong while attending the science show, still the interaction between Milo and the kids was nice to see.

How are the threads holding? There must be a whole lot of force pushing a pulling on those glued rubber pads.

Tread Wear and Tear

Since the treads were first used on the ScoutBot, that makes them about 4 years old. They are in surprisingly good shape.  I have just one that has partially separated from the stainless steel plate.  When the robot is moving in a straight line, there is very little stress on the pads, with respect to their plates.  However, when the robot is turning, the differential drive produces very large shear forces on the pads, but those forces work across the entire surface area of the glued joint.  They DO NOT want to slide off.

However, the pads are subject to “peeling” off, if a foreign object manages to wedge itself between the plate and the tread, which is what happened on my partially separated track.

Steak

I like my steaks as I like my Robots, “well done”.  :wink:

Thanks for the kind words.

Awesome!

I’m amazed by your work!  It’s really cool!

I was wondering if the glued together rubber tracks were holding under stress…  Are they?  If it does, then you just found an awesome way of doing rubber tracks!

Continue your great job!

Your robot is great!

Hello,

I saw your scout bot some time ago a stumbled across your new one.The tracks are great… I really like the reto look.Milo looks like a robot should. I am going to try to post pictures of my robot Gizmo some time soon. If you would like to see him before I do here’s a link to anouther site He’s on. http://danefield.com/alpha/forums/topic/16644-my-robot-gizmo/#comment-148444

It’s a site about robots too. Type Megastellar into the search bar there to see my other stuff.