Mech Warfare

:open_mouth: :confused:

How many guns are you going to put? Are you going to build a quad with 2 guns in all for directions with the addison of having guns as the tibia part of the leg too!

Can’t wait to see what this competition gives! Looks like there are going to be a fee people.

Cool bot buddy…

Is there any information on the internal switch in the gun, and how it should be implemented in the motor control circuitry. My gut tells me to switch closes after the gun has completed a “shot” process, and that this tells the control program to turn off the motor. I don’t know if it’s required to “brake” the motor, or just remove power to it? Hope I don’t have to re-invent the wheel, or RC tank gun. lol :smiley:

We are planning a quad and a biped. I’m wanting to do a hex just for show. The quad is to use the same leg design as Phoenix. But the chassis will be round. Preliminary design is to set the legs on a 6" diameter circle on the chassis. This will be a small light but hopefully fast bot. May only have payload for a single gun. The biped will be a chicken walker with at least two guns.

Lots of ideas. Can’t do much with them until the new CNC machine arrives. :frowning:

man seeing all these bots got my robo mojo going but sadly my bot won’t be ready till next year but man I’m going to enter mechwars for sure
…when I save enough for travel expences :blush:

Now that my Scout is finally operational, I’m getting excited. Tyberius, that looks awesome! Is that a Scout with the 209 head on top of it?

It’s a modified scout with a modified Lynx 209 head mounted on the pan servo. So short answer: Yes.

Here’s my main Mech project, Hagetaka. Just received the custom lasercut ABS frames that I designed.

Redesigned ‘toed’ custom feet and armor paneling are the next steps.

Nice! I’d run from it!

I like this design…

Two different bots :wink:

The SES based one will be free for members of the TRC and Lynxmotion forums to pilot in exhibition matches if they are attending Robogames 2009.

hey good idea i’m a big fan of armored kore and i love a lot this game!
it’a a pinnacle if you archieve this super realistic game as an international competition!

good luck!

Forgot to post this over here, sorry for the late notice…

Can’t divulge too many details, but if you would like your current progress on your Mech project showcased in a certain well known publication about robotics… I need the highest quality photo of your mech ASAP.

Doesn’t matter if it isn’t finished, the point is to showcase the work being done and the projects in progress. That said, if you have weapons picked out and/or available please mount them, if only temporarily for the pictures. Want to make these look as much like Mechs as possible.

I need photos with good lighting, preferably on a uniform color (or just white) backdrop. Please send a couple for me to choose from. Also feel free to write a blurb about your project.

I need these by Friday the 7th of November.

You can send pictures to me here: Andrew @ trossenrobotics -dot- -com-

Hey guys, just a few quick updates. We’re going strong and still slated to debut the event at Robogames 2009. Here are a few pictures of the current progress of my main mech project, Hagteka, modeled after the Vulture from MechWarrior.

All parts are 100% custom design and machined from 5052 aircraft aluminum. To put things into perspective for scale, the legs alone are about 18" tall totally extended, entire mech will stand about 26" tall. All parts were machined by Big Blue Saw (bigbluesaw.com)

Torso chassis isn’t completed, just the bare frame and not even all of the frame in place, but it gives you a good idea of what the chassis will look like.

The legs are just missing the ‘rear knee horn’ (used for lack of a better term) which is mostly aesthetic but is a feature I always really liked on the reverse knee joint Mechs.

Entire mech will be ‘skinned’ using Lexan body shells, I’ll post more pictures later this weekend of the assembled mech frame.

nice touch on the brackets. looks very cool. great work! :wink:

i think you shoud keep it as it is. adding body plates will only hide your great work.

cant wait to see more pictures!!! 8)

For the competition its in, its going to need armor though. It will be totally removable so I’ll still be able to showcase the internals and chassis… but protecting the internals is pretty much a necessity. I’ve got about 2 grand worth of electronics inside the torso, don’t want them getting shot :stuck_out_tongue:

oh the pin has dropped! didnt think of that. again great work. i have been following this thread and looking in on the comp for a while now so its always good to see custom designs, especially on structural ideas (brackets).

What kind of servos are you using? they look powerful.

Those are RX-64s, made by Robotis. They’re about 1000 oz-in at max voltage.

Unless the bot’s movements are slow and deliberate, I think maintaining balance on the small foot footprint will be difficult. Has it done any walking yet?

Are they the same ones that come with the Bioloid kit? I didn’t know they where that strong.

And zoomkat, from the looks of it, it doesn’t look like he’s gotten it to walk yet. :wink: