MD-Hund

I’m using ten AA Ni-HM

I’m using ten AA Ni-HM 2500mAh batteries, distributed in two packs of five and the packs are connected in parallel. So I have about 5000mAh @ 6V. 

I dunno if 5Ah will be enough for the stronger servos that I have to put on the legs, but let’s experiment!

That’s true, their

That’s true, their algorithms for the dynamic balance are great, they have +1000 points for that. But -100 points for looks.

Thank you very much,

Thank you very much, Aniss1001!

Usually I devote much more attention to the construction, but I intend to develop a proper walking gait for this project (a little more attention for the programming). :wink:

I guess with the below pictures the servos’ setup will look more clear.

comment_01.jpg

comment_02.jpg

I'm using just two servos per leg. I intend to include at least one more for a LV-EZ01 (ultrasonic sensor).

I wonder if instead of

I wonder if instead of getting stronger servos you could just vary the lenght of those levers more, and get more torque at the expense of less travel.

Hehe ok… Still that’s +900

Hehe ok… Still that’s +900 in total :wink:

But true… My first thought was also “damn it’s fugly”.

Yep, I have tried some

Yep, I have tried some unsuccessfully changes (with the levers/linkages), but worth trying other.

**wow! **

This has got to be the coolest robot yet, you are one amazing engineer! Your documentation is fantastic and quite inspiring.
Thank you!!!   

Thank you very much,

Thank you very much, Roxanna77!

Add me to the list…

Add me to the list of people extremely impressed by this work.  I wondered what you’ld do to top MDi#3.  

The polish and artistry of your creations gives as all something to aspire to.  Bravo.

Martin

Thank you very much,

Thank you very much, Martin!

I’m flattered with your words! 

It’s so awesome!!! Best 4

It’s so awesome!!! Best 4 legged diy robot I’ve ever seen!!!

Thanks a lot, Aleks!

Thanks a lot, Aleks!

What cad program did you use?

I gotta learn one.

und, ja, dein Hund ist sehr gut aber meine Deutsch ist schlecht!

Very nice!!!

Very nice work. I am glad I found this site to get new ideas for things. Some of the ideas are awesome and this is one. Will you release PDFs of some of the parts? Thanks very for your hard work. Danke Dickel

und, ja, dein Hund ist sehr

und, ja, dein Hund ist sehr gut aber meine Deutsch ist schlecht!

I’ve used AutoCAD in another

I’ve used AutoCAD in another time. But lately I’m using only SketchUp, because it is very fast and convenient.

Und sehr danke! Mein Deutsch ist ein wenig rostig, Ich habe nicht mehr jemand mit gespräch.

Sehr danke, My-Robot!Yep,

Sehr danke, My-Robot!

Yep, LMR is very helpful and inspiring! Welcome!

About the files of the parts… I’ve released the files for all the parts of my previous project (MDi #3). For MD-Hund I did not prepare the files to share. But if you have interest in some specific parts I can share the templates.

Haha, the German bits and

Haha, the German bits and pieces here are funny. I am not going to add more of it since I am not speaking the real good German but Saxon dialect :slight_smile: MarusB knows how it sounds LOL

Your Hund is impressive and with that polystyrene craftmenship it’s even more cool. Now I am waiting for the perfect walking :slight_smile:

Offer for templates

Thanks for the offer for templates. If not too much trouble I would like the left front and left rear templates for the legs. With these the rest is easy and I can scale to different sizes. If you wish use [email protected] to send. All the best and thanks for the offer

First, thank you very much,

First, thank you very much, lumi!

My German is also not so good (my family speaks the Hunsrückisch dialect). So, my German won’t go ahead here. But it’s always a pleasure to hear/read anything in German.

About the walking… Only two DOFs per leg it’s being a pain! Let’s keep trying…

WALKING: I’ll get you!!!