Lynxmotion SES V2 Hexapod Robot

Hi. Just want to let you know I’m currently on vacation. Also been busy with family stuff lately. I’ve only managed to update the firmware and not done any testings. Hard to keep up with all the posts on this thread. But I’ll check now and then.

I noticed @madmax had some q’s about smoothcontrol. It’s just a sort of filter to dampen changes in inputvalues. Gives a smoother movement. I normally use it for both translation and rotation.

2 Likes

@cbenson - @dialfonzo

It would be good if you all could test out the changes to the Phoenix and LSS_Arduino libraries as well. I am sure @zenta and @madmax may try but they may not be available.

2 Likes

Taking a look ASAP at the comments and library suggestions.

@kurte & @cyberpalin

Thanks, i’m looking at the library and will try to load on my Hexapod.
Can i use a computer and / or other devices to test it out if i don’t have a controller ?

Unfortunately you do need a controller to make to walk. But you can just use a keyboard to do any of the menu commands. You could play with the set servo offsets etc. The menu commands are listed in the readme. Oh fair warning you may need to do a “A” command for smooth motion.

A ps3 or DS4 controller would work if you have one of them laying around.

2 Likes

What’s best, i’ll order something from Amazon.
I was looking at this PS4 (HERE).

Ok i asked too soon, found the info in the Readme.

Don’t think that one will work yet. That’s the kind of controller that @kurte and I were working on before we got sidetracked. This is the one I am using: Amazon.com: DualShock 4 - White: Video Games think

EDIT: think this is the one in canada DualShock 4 Wireless Controller - Glacier White - Glacier White Edition : Amazon.ca: Video Games

Just one note - you could use the one you posted wired without a problem - may or may not worked with BT

2 Likes

Ok for my little knowledge. (lol)

The control has been implemented with PS3/4 in mind and using the USBHost of Teensy.

• USB Bluetooth dongle (one that is compatible)
  • Bluetooth controller PS3/4

I’m searching and cannot find one but would an emulator on Android do the trick ?

I have two things in mind.

• Testing the code with you guys, so I need a similar setup.
  • Future kit content and easiness of explanation to customers.

Good morning @dialfonzo actually afternoon for you. Sorry I was working on some other stuff this morning, plus trying not to do much as it is unusually hot here the last few days, and we are not setup for it … i.e. no air conditioning. It may get up to near 100 (38) here today…

Thanks for merging in the library changes.

As for PS4, as @cyberpalin mentioned the main one that works with Bluetooth is the official Sony ones. Most all of the others will work when they are plugged into the USB.

As I mentioned, is one of the things we will be working on next is to hopefully debug and support some of the clones through Bluetooth.

@kurte - I’ve also just did the release with v1.4.1 (i’m still new to that and i didn’t have any notifications when a Pull Request was made, it should be warning me now)

So far, i have setup my ID’s this morning as per the Hex_Cfg.h and i hooked the Teensy 4.1 to the LSS-ADA.

Code is loaded and i have the serial interface where i’m trying to understand the Offset options.
When i select “O” all servos goes to their Origin rapidly which cause some to go into safe mode (blinking red).

I probably don’t understand the process but would it be easier to go in Offset mode, read all position (granted you are in the right position) then save all offsets from those positions ?

Stay hydrated…!!
I’ve put a cheap window AC in my room too. I don’t even have a door to that room it’s closed by a curtain at the moment but at least it’s colder.

{…} plus trying not to do much as it is unusually hot here the last few days, and we are not setup for it

The weather maps on the news about most of the west coast look apocalyptic. We also have heat warnings here on the east cost. Stay safe everyone.

1 Like

Hi @kurte @cyberpalin

I tried to use the BT code. However my PS4 (original Sony) would pair occasionally but then on pressing the buttons it wouldn’t do anything. The button presses are not recognized at all. I have the DS which came with my PS4.

@zenta Thanks for the explanation.

EDIT: Sorry !! forgot to mention this is what I have for the CSR dongle

1 Like

For reference the list of BT dongles and some of the devices tested are listed here:
https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/49358-T3-6-USB-Host-Bluetooth?p=166305&viewfull=1#post166305

Thanks @cyberpalin

I think my dongle looks similar to what is on the link
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0775YF36R

Also, this one and most others on the dongle sections seems to be unavailable
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076FP4KQD

Is there a way to identify where this is failing? I guess the paring must be happening at the hardware level ?

Unfortunately I just noticed some of those links don’t work anymore as well. The dongle I tend to use that is still available is from Techkey:
Amazon.com: Bluetooth Adapter for PC USB Bluetooth Dongle 4.0 EDR Receiver Techkey Wireless Transfer for Stereo Headphones Laptop Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Raspberry Pi: Computers & Accessories

It looks similar to the one I got from Ebay in UK. BTW sorry for my delayed response to the posts here as I was on vacation over the weekend with my family…

Good cooler morning @dialfonzo, @cbenson and @cyberpalin and all (afternoon there) Today is a lot nicer…

Sorry I sort of assumed that the servo position 0 would be a safe spot to tell all of the servos to go to… Especially if you have partially aligned your servos…

I will try adding in a quick test, that if at startup of offset mode, it detects that one or more servos error out, than I will reset the servos and enter into manual mode, so you can get it close… I may also add another cheat…

1 Like

@dialfonzo

I put some code in place to detect if end up in error condition…
But to make easier if on the O command you put instead OM
It will enter object offset mode in Manual setting mode.

Hope that work work for you. So far I have only upated the copy in my LSS_Test_Sketches github projct

1 Like

Alcon

I have updated the other two repositories to @kurte’s latest changes so you now have your choice where you want to pull the sources from

1 Like