Lynxmotion SES V2 Hexapod Robot

Any news? :slight_smile:

Hopefully next week.

2 Likes

Morning all,

Quick update: I received my 3 other versions of the boards back from PCBWay a few days ago. I did not order any of the updated ones where after I ordered my sets, we found that the Simple version needed a Voltage regulator, plus I was asked to add the option of using the discrete components (transistors and resistors) instead of the sparkfun unit. So I probably wonā€™t assemble any of my Simple ones.

The first one I am curious to assemble is my ā€œKitchen Sinkā€ version. Which has the stuff for driving the servos, plus, XBEE, plus extra two ttl level translaters, that I may try out the RC receiver onā€¦

Should be fun.

3 Likes

I was on vacation last week but the PCBā€™s are received so i will be assembling them this week.

1 Like

Nice! I hope you had a good vacation!

Looking forward to see the result!

1 Like

No results yet (sorry) as iā€™m still waiting on the stencil for the paste.
Looks like it got stuck somewhere in a separate shipping. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Hi @dialfonzo,

Hope all is well!
I was just wondering if there was any news on this topic?
Hope the parts where not stuck in the Suez canal :wink:

Good News Everyoneā€¦

GoodNewsEveryone

Monday i was able to populate the boards and today clean and test them.
They seems to be working fine after i found my issue.

Since iā€™m not a programmer, i was using the ā€œtone(36, 100);ā€ command in a sketch.
However, i found that it doesnā€™t work well on Teensy 4.1 and/or the pin 36.

Freezing the loop to the point i could not even go back in programming modeā€¦ After this i used an ā€œanalogWrite(36, 50);ā€ command and everything was working.

Tests were only made for bi-directional serial communication with an LSS (standard LSS Arduino library with ā€œserial1ā€ instead of ā€œserialā€) and buzzer output.

HOMEWORK @xan @kurte @zenta @cmackenzie
Tell us if you need anything else so we can ship all the parts at onceā€¦!

5 Likes

Looking good.

Note: I personally will be playing with both XBees as well as USB Host. Most of the time probably USB using Bluetooth and either PS3 or PS4 remote. PS4ā€™s are nice, but mine may have week older batteryā€¦

Details of which BT adapters we have tested and works (or does not work) is up on the PJRC forum thread:

For example the Techkey 5 does NOT work but the TechKey 4 doesā€¦ One of these days I will try to debug those, but may be faster than I can do by Logic Analyzer. Probably need Beagle USB 480 like analyzer.

2 Likes

Hi

How do I get hold of these shields ? I would love to contribute as well. This looks very interesting!

@madmax It would be great to have additional people participating and contributing. Are you prepared for the investment in 18 Lynxmotion smart servos? We can offer a bit of a BETA discount as well as a volume discount. The mechanics are up to you, though we will more than likely end up with a solution which uses the SES V2 aluminum brackets as you can see in the original posts, as well as the LSS Adapter.

1 Like

HI @cbenson

Many thanks for your reply. How much will each servo cost me after the discount ? I will have to budget hence asking.

Please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,
@madmax

1 Like

@madmax Reaching out to you via email.

1 Like

That looks great! I do have a hexapod project in mind that involve additional two servos though. Maybe come back to that when we have a hex walking first.

2 Likes

@zenta Do you mean two additional degrees of freedom per leg, or two additional servos ā€œsomewhere elseā€ (like a head, pincers or other structure)? Looking forward to getting this one working well and then seeing you add to it !

@cbenson Only two servos, not additional DoF per leg. :smiley:

1 Like

Maybe something like a Pan and Tilt or Turret?

@kurte Good guess, but its very far from it. Itā€™s currently very experimental and only on the planning stage. Iā€™ll post more info when Iā€™ve done more progress.

2 Likes

Nice!!

Iā€™m looking forward to play with the board! Only the board and Teensy would work for me. Thanks! :smiley:

PS. I hope it is the buzzer making the sound on the video, not the servo :wink:

@kurte & @zenta

Can you let me know if you need anything else so we can proceed with the shipping ?

@xan Thanks

1 Like